Deoriatal - Tungnath - Chandrashila Peak Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Deoriatal - Tungnath - Chandrashila Peak Trek
Boasting a view of few of the most beautiful peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas, the Deoria Tal - Chandrashila Peak trek is one of the most picturesque trek in Uttrakhand.
The trek starts at the village of Sari and picks up its pace slowly till it reaches the summit of the Chandrashila Peak. The first day's trek is short but crisp and sharp climb of little more than 2 kilometers to Deoria Tal. Right from the moment this trek captures your heart. With amazing reflection of Chaukhamba on it, the sunrise and sunset too becomes a coveted experience.
The meadows of Tungnath is one of the most beautiful meadow existing in the Himalayas of the Garhwal. The dense forest has a lot to add to the trekking experience. The village of Chopta is one of the serene places to be in the Himalayas. Finally the climb to the summit of the Chandrashila peak is the icing on the already beautiful trek. Tungnath being one of the holy shrine of the Hindus has its own importance. However, its the grand Himalayan view from the summit of Chandrashila which takes it away from all of the treks in the Himalayas of the same altitude and remoteness. From left to right, you have a vista of the Himalayan expanse of Garhwal and Kumaon. Right from Jaonli in Gangorti region to Gangotri 2, Satopanth, Janhukut, Chaukhamba to Trishuli, Dunagiri, Kalanka, Nanda Devi, Bethartholi Himal, Nanda Ghungti, Trishul .. it's a spectacular panorama waiting to be believed, soaked in by your eyes and transferred to your soul, making it a lifetime experience... a gift to the lenses of your camera.. !!
To take the best from this trek, begin the trek to the summit of Chandrashila at around 3 AM to witness the grand Himalayan magic played by the elements of nature at dawn
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Here is a brief.
- Small Groups of less than 15 members
- No Fixed Camps at all. Use a single sleeping bag, mattress & sleeping bag inners throughout the trek without any mixup
- Sanitized Transportation
- Contactless Screening of Participants on arrival
- Contactless Paperwork and Online Booking Procedure
- Mandatory Sanitization Before Entry
- Sanitized Accommodation, Linens, Sleeping Bags, etc
- Sanitized and sun-dried Camping Equipment
- Monitored Support Crew with extra protection of masks, gloves and frequent use of sanitizers
- Social Distancing from other unmonitored groups
- Daily evaluation of Health for Safe Mountain Health
- Twin Sharing Accommodations on the trek
- Single tent supplement available
- Proper Dining Hygiene in Dining Tents
- Dry Toilets in toilet tents.
- Covid Hygiene Kit including personal Sleeping Bag Inner for free
- Precautionary Quarantine Tents On Trek
- Immunity-Boosting Food Menu and Drinks
- Filtered, Boiled and Treated Drinking Water
Read more on the following link about our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we have resumed our Himalayan Treks.
** click to expand and read
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 6 Days, Dehraoon to Dehraoon
- Highest Altitude: 3648m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: Jan - Jun, Sep - Dec
- Terrain: forest, meadow, snow in winter
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- Starts At: Sari
- Ends At: Chopta
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Sari
- Mobile Network: BSNL
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Dehradoon to Sari
- Day 2: Trek Sari to Deoria Tal
- Day 3: Trek Deoria Tal to Duggal Bittha
- Day 4: Trek Duggal Bittha to Chopta
- Day 5: Trek Chopta to Chandrashila Peak, via Tungnath and back
- Day 6: Drive Chopta to Dehradoon
** a day can be reduced by trekking to Chopta directly from Deoria Tal, bit long but doable
+ Trek Highlights
Peaks At Glance: Chaukhamba I ( 7138m ), Chaukhamba II ( 7058m ), Chaukhamba III ( 6974m ), Chaukhamba IV ( 6854m ), Dunagiri ( 7066m ), Janhukut ( 6805m ), Kalanka ( 6931m ), Mandani Parvat ( 6193m ), Nanda Devi ( 7816m ), Nanda Ghunti ( 6309m ), Saf Minal ( 6911m ), Satopanth ( 7075m ), Thalay Sagar ( 6904m ), Tirsuli ( 7074m ), Trisul I ( 7120m ), Bethattoli Himal ( 6352m ), Rishi Kot ( 6236m ), Devistan ( 6678m ), Jaonli ( 6632m ), Chandrashila ( 3648m ), Jogin ( 6410m )
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:12:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High