How We Want To Help | What We Want To Do:
Overview and Scope Of Help:
Our intent of help is very clear and defined. We want to make sure we help all those who are needy and are facing extreme poverty due to sudden closure of trekking tours and there is a huge lack of employment opportunities. We want to make sure we provide our help to all the Local Guides, Porters, Camp Helpers, Mulesmen etc. who are in need and are deprived of Government help. However, in the process, we do not want to compromise their dignity and also ensure that the result of it is fruitful for our Himalayas. We want to keep the micro-economy ticking, whatever little that can be made possible.
So, we have decided to filter out the needy people and others who would like to associate with us and then employ them to clean the trekking trails and nearby villages, install dustbins, set-up waste recycling processes, etc, In return, they would be earning wages and as a token of love and care, we would also be providing them with supplementary support ration and keep their livelihood ticking. We would do it in a phased manner.
- Distribution of masks and soap bars to 5 villages - Sankri, Sirga, Taluka, Saud and Dhatmir
- Identify the ones very badly affected by the closure of tourism in this chirpy and lively valley. We list about 40 people.
- Monetary Demands: ~ Rs. 20000/-
- Status: Complete
- Clean the trekking trails of Har Ki Dun, Kedarkantha, Maninda Tal, Jaundhar Glacier, and Ruinsara Tal.
- This would generate about 7 days of workload for about 20 - 25 people. We can distribute about 3 - 4 days of work for about 40 people.
- Apart from their wages, we would provide all whom we employ with support ration to compliment whatever they get from the Government. This support ration kit would include Cooking Oil, Masalas, Salt, Soya Beans, etc worth @ Rs. 500 each.
- Distribute Masks and Soap bars in the villages of Puani Garad, Gangaad, and Osla
- Stitch these masks locally, not just to save cost, but also generate local employment
- Run deep awareness campaign in these added villages of Puani Garad, Gangaad, and Osla
- Fix posters about Covid19 awareness in-around the villages and local markets
- Monetary Demands: ~Rs. 120000/-
- Status: WIP
- Replicate phase 2 to other adjacent villages like Dhara, Jakhol, Kasla, Sauni, Saturi, Kotgaon, etc. and also to other trek routes in Green or Orange zones
- Monetary Demands: ~Rs. 120000/- - Rs. 2,50,000/- depending upon the trek route and list of needy people in those villages
- Status: Will evaluate after completion of Phase 2 and donations received
Financial Demands and How We Plan To Meet it:
We are dependent upon donations from our past trekkers and other friends in the community to meet the financial demands. The task and monetary demand are humongous if we are to replicate the services to other trek routes in the Himalayas. We cannot meet the demands with just our past trekkers and friends. We need the community to stand for it and reach out to Friends-Of-Friends as well.