Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek In 4 Days
Walking around in the land of Lord Shiva
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek
+5% GST PER HEAD
25 - 40
Extra cost of Rs. 3000 applicable for foreigners for higher permit cost and other specific arrangements. International Trekkers need to go through manual invoicing upon remittance of the partial booking fees using PayPal, Transferwise, Western Union or Direct Wire Transfer. Remaining trek fees can be paid upon arrival in India and meeting our trek leader
Above cost is assumed for 4-5 people team. Actual Cost is subject to the actual team size joining the trek and requested customizations. Higher team size will lower the cost while lower team size will significantly increase the cost. Assummed Inclusions can be read on Cost Inclusions
Must Read - Important Pre-Booking Information
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek
9 Popular Peaks:
Bandarpunch West ( 6316m ), Kalanag ( 6387m ), Swargarohini 1 ( 6252m ), Swargarohini 2 ( 6240m ), Swargarohini 3 ( 6168m ), Swargarohini 4 ( 6000m ), Bandarpoonch East ( 6045m ), Har Ki Dun Peak ( 5620m ), Hata Peak ( 5838m )
2 Serene Lakes:
Morinda Tal ( 3797m ), Ruinsara Tal ( 3600m )
5 Tranquil Rivers:
Supin , Tons, Har Ki Dun Gad, Moninda Gad, Jaundhar Gad
6 Beautiful Remote Villages:
Sankri, Soud, Taluka, Dhatmir, Gangaad, Osla
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Govind Pashu Vihar National Park and Sanctuary
Why Should You Do The Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek
- The name Har Ki Dun translates to the 'Land Of Lord Shiva'. Locals believe that if you are silent in this valley, you can hear God's music. If you cant hear that, you can definitely hear Nature's music made by flowing streams and swaying trees.
- The villages of Sankri, Soud, Taluka, Osla and Seema are very unique in their architecture and culture. The locals are just beautiful people and are very welcoming. Sharing experience or a simple conversation with them will add great value to your journey in this valley.
- har Ki Dun is an excellent trek to begin your multi-day trekking adventure in the Himalayas. This trek is considered easy, though it involves longer walks. It gives you an apt platform to test your endurance which is required for any multi-day Himalayan trek.
- The rich flora and fauna of the Govind Vihar National Park offers a wide range of flowering plants, animals and birds to watch out for.
- It just feels marvellous to be in a lush green meadow with sheep grazing around in the backdrop of tall Snowcapped mountains and streams curving their way through it.
- This trek is one of the oldest treks in the Himalayas, and this region is inhabited by some of the most culturally distinguishable and beautiful human beings. Their house, temples, clothes and jewellery are unique and draw a lot of curiosity and attention.
- In our Hard Core trek itinerary to har Ki Dun, we cover the trek in 4 days and this makes this trek itinerary a little demanding on your body. We only allow fit and strong trekkers to undertake this version of the trek.
- 📅 Duration: 5 days, 4 nights including 2 nights at Sankri
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 3600m
- 🛑 Grade: Moderate + ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- 🌄 Terrain: Meadows, Conifer Forest, Snow, River valley, Lakes
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Sankri
- 🚩 Ends In: Sankri
- 🌏 Region: India - Uttrakhand
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, Uttrakhand
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: Dehradun, Uttrakhand
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Sankri
- 📶 Mobile Network: BSNL, Vodafone at Sankri, Jio in Mori
- 🌐 Internet Option: 4G till Mori. No Internet at Sankri.
- 🌞 Temperatures: -3 to 15 deg Celsius
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali, Himachali
Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek Package - Daywise Detailed Itinerary
Day 1From Dehradun To Sankri, Via - Purola, Mori ( 200 Kms,8 - 9 hours )
Day 2From Sankri To Osla, Via - Taluka, Gangaad ( 14 Kms,6 hours )
Day 3From Osla To Kalkati Dhar, Via - Halche, Har Ki Dun ( 15 Kms,6 hours )
Day 4From Kalkati Dhar To Sankri, Via - Gangaad, Taluka ( 20 Kms,6 hours )
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report or Vaccination Certificate Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
All our permanent staffs have completed their vaccination and we ensure we hire other vaccinated local resources only.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
** click on the DayNumber to read detailed itinerary for the day
- Day 1
Drive Arrival Day
Arrive In Sankri (1920m )
Overnight In: Sankri (1920m )
Meals Included: Evening Snacks, Dinner
Cost Of Transport Included: NO
- Day 2
From Sankri (1920m ) To Osla (2800m ), Via - Taluka (1800m ), Gangaad (2400m ). 6 Hrs. 14 Kms
Overnight In: Osla (2800m )
Accommodation: Tents/ Homestay
Meals Included: All Meals
- Day 3
From Osla (2400m ) To Kalkati Dhar (3200m ), Via - Halche (2900m ), Har Ki Dun (3600m ). 6 Hrs. 15 Kms
Overnight In: Kalkati Dhar (3200m )
Meals Included: All Meals
- Day 4
From Kalkati Dhar (3200m ) To Sankri (1920m ), Via - Gangaad (1400m ), Taluka (1800m ). 6 Hrs. 20 Kms
Overnight In: Sankri (1920m )
Meals Included: All Meals
+ Fixed Departure Dates
* click on the month name to see the dates
We do not organize fixed departures for this trip.
If you want to do this trek with us, please fill this form to Request A Customized Private Trip Plan just for your team members. We will get back to you with all the details specific to your personalized requirements
+ Package Cost Inclusions
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN PRICE
- Duration: 5 Days / 4 nights of the trek cost Ex. Sankri
- Accommodation In Base Village (Sankri): 2 nights in Himalayan High managed homestay in Sankri with emphasis on local organic food and cultural exposure.
- Accommodation On Trek: Spacious, sturdy and High-Quality Dome Tents will be provided on twin sharing basis.
- Sleeping In Tents: Thick Waterproof Mattress complemented with Sub Zero Sleeping bags supported with Warm Fleece Sleeping Bag Inners For Extra Hygiene and Warmth will be provided by us
- Dining On Trek: We will provide Dining and Kitchen Tents with camping stools and table for extra hygiene and comfort.
- Toilet On Treks: Dry eco-toilet will be set up with a toilet tent and toilet seat.
- Meals: All meals starting Evening Tea in Sankri on Day 1 till Breakfast in Sankri on Day 5 morning. 3 meals (B,L,D) suited for high altitude with evening snacks, soup, hot drinks and extra energizers/juice for summit days
- Trail Safety: Gaiters, Anti Slip Crampons and Ice Axe depending upon snow conditions.
- Communication: For efficient management of the trek, the team will be communicating with each other and trek base with the help of long-range wireless sets.
- Medical Safety: Oxygen cylinder, Pulse Oximeter, Thermal temperature scanner and Emergency Medical Kit accompanied with a trek leader knowledgeable on high altitude medicine and physiology
- Trek Leader and Guide: Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader maintaining guide to trekker ratio of 1:6. That is 1 guide for every 6 trekkers.
- Local Support Staffs: Expert and Knowledgeable local guide with cooks, helpers, porters, mules, etc
- Permits: All required forest entry permits and camping fees as per the rules of Govind Vihar National Park
- Transfers: Return transfers from Sankri to Taluka in 4X4 offroader for the trekking team and support crew.
- Max Team Size: Small group of not more than 15 members. You can make any batch a private batch by paying a little extra over the base trek fees.
- Personal Trek Equipments: 9 sets of essential trek gears for complimentary use. ( read below)
9 Personal Trekking Equipment For Free Use:
(No Rent will be charged. Refundable security amount of Rs. 1000 need to be deposited )
- Gaiters to protect snow from getting into your shoe (to be returned after use )
- Microspikes / Ice Tracktion Crampons to grip well on slippery and hard snow on the trek (to be returned after use )
- Poncho to protect you from snowfall (to be returned after use )
- Trek Pole to protect you from falling and balancing on the trek (to be returned after use )
- Rucksack to pack your trekking gears from Sankri (to be returned after use )
- Fleece Inner Gloves (to increase layering in your hand )
- Neck Warmer: ( to protect your throat )
- Waterproof Gloves: ( to protect your hands)
- Fleece Sleeping Bag Inner to ensure personal sleeping hygiene. (to be taken home )
Equipment Available On Rent At Extra Cost
- High Ankle Waterproof Trekking Shoes (Quechua): Rs 680
- -20 degrees Down Jackets: Rs. 680
- Windproof/Waterproof Jackets: Rs. 170
- Windproof/Waterproof pants: Rs. 340
- Headlamps: 119
+ Package Cost Exclusions
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- BAGGAGE OFFLOAD: ( optional at extra cost of Rs.1500 per bag for the entire trek )
- TRANSPORT Ex Dehraoon, Sankri: ( Can be arranged on request )
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal Purchases
- Food Purchased Outside Our Menu
- Personal Gears
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Other Versions Of The Har Ki Dun Hardcore Trek
** the lowest price might be subject to a few conditions like departure dates, batch size, customizations, etc
Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:12:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High