Nearest Airport: Srinagar
Nearest Rail Head: Katra, (KEA), Jammu Tawi ( JAT)
Route Hubs: Jammu - Srinagar - Ganderbal - Kangan
From Airport: If you are in a group, the best way is to hire a vehicle right from the airport to get you to Shitkadi. The drivers might not know Shitkadi, so deal them for 4 Km ahead of Sonamarg, which is a well known tourist destination. It should cost about 2500 per vehicle
If you want to use shared vehicle, you will have to come down to the city and then hire a shared cab to Kangan which frequents every hour. From Kangan, you will get shared vehicles to Sonamarg till 5/6 in the evening.
From Railway Station: Katra is the rail head or Jammu. From there you need to come to Srinagar for easier travel options. Direct vehicles are availble to Leh from Jammu bus stand. They usually fill direct passengers, but you may ask them to find out an option to get down at Sonamarg. If you are in a group, hiring a direct vehicle to Sitkadi is a better option.
By Bus: You may also use bus to reach Sonamarg from Srinagar. However, its not advised since there are better options easily available.
Some More Help:
Distance From Major Points:
- Srinagar to Kangan:36
- Srinagar to Sonamarg: 80km
- Srinagar to Shitkadi: 76km
- Jammu to Srinagar: 300 km
Adventure Activities And Travel Plans From Shitkadi
Kashmir Alpine Lakes And Meadows Trek
- Duration: 9 Days, Srinagar to Srinagar
- Highest Altitude: 4180m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: July, August, September
- Terrain: Meadows
- Starts At: Shitkadi
- Ends At: Chatragul
- Region: India - Kashmir
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Srinagar
- Nearest Rail Head: Katra, (KEA), Jammu Tawi ( JAT)
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Shitkadi
- Mobile Network: BSNL, Airtel on pass tops.
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Kashmiri
Friday, September 25, 2020 9:36:00 AM