3 Popular Peaks:
Mentok Kangri 2 ( 6262m ), Mentok Kangri 1 ( 6161m ), Mentok Kangri 3 ( 6225m )
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Tsomoriri Wetland Reserves
- Day 01: Arrive in Leh
- Day 02: Rest and Acclimatization in Leh
- Day 03: Explore Ladakh. Visit Nubra Valley via Khardungla and return to Leh
- Day 04: Drive to Rumtse. Trek to Kyamar. (4383m, 4 hours )
- Day 05: Trek to Tisaling 4800 via Kyamar la (4870m) and Mandalchan La (4996m, 7 hours )
- Day 06: Trek to Pangunagu (4398m) via Shibuk la (5016m, 6-7 hours )
- Day 07: Trek to Nuruchan (4600m, 5 hours )
- Day 08: Trek to Gyama Barma via Horlam Kongka La (4900 m) and Kyamayur La (5410 m )
- Day 09: Trek to Korzok via Yalung Nyau La (5 440 m)
- Day 10: Trek to Mentok Base Camp (5,250m)
- Day 11: Acclimatize and Orientation Day
- Day 12: Trek to High Camp
- Day 13: Summit Mentok Kangri - 6230m
- Day 14: Reserved Day
- Day 15: Trek to Karzok
- Day 16: Trek by Tsomoriri. Rest Day By Tsomoriri
- Day 17: Drive back to Manali via Keylong or return to Leh
If we had to suggest you a trek in Ladakh which can make you experience most of it, the Rumtse Tsomoriri Trek will top the list. Top it up with a Summit Climb to Mentok Kangri, and you gift yourself a trek bonanza !
With breathtaking views of the twin lakes of Tsokar and Tsomoriri guarded by the tall peaks of the Changtang platue in the Rupshu plains, this is a wonder trek experience which all the passionate travelers and wander souls must not miss.
Rumtse which is the starting point of this trek is just about 65 Kms drive from Leh and it takes about 3 hours of drive to reach from Leh - the capital of Ladakh. Amidst the ranges of Ladakh in the North, Zanskar in the West, The Great Himalayas to the South and the flat Tibetan Platue in the East, lies the Rupshu plains where this fairyland is of Tsomoriri Wetland Conservation Reserves is. The interactions with the Changpas, or Tibetan Nomads and their way of life with their livestock are an eye opener and a priceless value-addition to your travel experience. This land here is a heaven for nature lovers and a merryland for photographers.
Wildlife of the Tsomoriri Wetland Reserves which includes the animals like Kiangs, Tibetan Gazelle, Lynx, Mountain Goats, Blue Sheep, Marmots including the carnivores like Tibetan Wolves and the elusive Snow Leopard. Birds include the Black Necked Cranes, geese, gulls, grebe and others.
Mentok Kangri is a mountain masif in the Rupshu plains of Ladakh, or Changtang. It has 3 summit points, conveniently named as Mentok 1, 2 and 3 with heights varying between 6100 - 6250 meters. Mentok 1 at an altitude of 6,250 meter is a challenge any Himalayan High Seekers would like to accept. Read more details of Mentok Kangri on MENTOK KANGRI SUMMIT