Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek With Milam Glacier
23 Popular Peaks:
Burphu Dhura ( 6334m ), Hardeol ( 7151m ), Kuchela Dhura ( 6294m ), Nanda Devi ( 7816m ), Nanda Gond ( 6315m ), Nanda Khat ( 6611m ), Nanda Pal ( 6306m ), Panch Chuli I ( 6904m ), Panch Chuli II ( 6355m ), Panch Chuli III ( 6312m ), Panch Chuli IV ( 6334m ), Panch Chuli V ( 6437m ), Rishi Pahar ( 6997m ), Sunanda Devi ( 7434m ), Tirsuli ( 7074m ), Tirsuli West ( 7035m ), Mangraon ( 6568m ), Deo Damla ( 6637m ), Bamchu ( 6266m ), Sakram ( 6254m ), Latu Dhura ( 6392m ), Kalganga Dhura ( 6201m ), Bilju ( 5560m )
1 High Passes:
Birj Ganga Pass ( 4685m )
9 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
Milam Glacier, Pachu Glacier, Surajkund Glacier, Ikualari Glacier, Bilanlari Glacier, Timphu Glacier, Sakram Glacier, West Bamchu Glacier, Mangroan Glacier
6 Tranquil Rivers:
Lawan Gad, Shalang Gad, Pachu Gad, Gori Ganga, Burphu Gad, Goankha Gad
9 Beautiful Remote Villages:
Lilam, Bogudiyar, Rilkot, Martoli, Burphu, Pachu , Milam, Tola, Ghangar
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary
Why Should You Do The Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek With Milam Glacier
- Nandadevi is India's highest 'self-owned' peak at 7816 meters. Its an elegant looking mountain with its signature peak.
- Nandadevi East is one of the twin peak of Nandadevi at 7434 meters
- Milam glacier, the source of Gori Ganga and the largest glacier of the area. It is fed by 7 other parallel glaciers namely Timphu glacier, Sakram glacier, West Bamchu glacier, Mangraon glacier, Surajkund glacier, Ikualari glacier, Bilanlari glacier
- Beautiful view of Trishuli, Nandakot, Nandadevi, Hardeol, Mangraon, Sakram, Bamchu, Deo Damla, Latu Dhura, etc and other peaks of Nepal
- An excellent oppurtunity to experience some of the most remote villages of Kumaon Himalayas and its landscape
- Aditionally, explore the deep valleys of Shalang and Lawan gad
Nanda Devi East Base Camp
Photo By: Anindya Roy
Sunanda Devi or Nandadevi East Base Camp trek with Milam glacier is one of the best available treks in the Kumaun Himalayas of Uttrakhand. The starting point of the trek - Munsiyari itself is a very beautiful hamlet in the lap of the Himalayan peaks.
The 5 peaks of Panchachuli, twin peaks of Nandadevi, Trishuli, Hardeol, Nandakot, and glimpses other peaks including those of the neighboring Nepal makes this trek a wonderful and picturesque journey.
Milam glacier is the source of the river Gori Ganga and is one of the biggest glaciers of the region. The glacier is fed by 7 other glaciers namely Timphu glacier, Sakram glacier, West Bamchu glacier, Mangraon glacier, Surajkund glacier, Ikualari glacier, Bilanlari glacier.
The village of Milam, Lilam, Martoli, Pachu and other villages on the route gives lot of insights into the local life and culture. It is perhaps the best way to explore the Kumaon Himalayas and also understand the Himalayan geography