Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
- Duration: 10 Days, Kathgodam to Kathgodam
- Highest Altitude: 3712m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Terrain: forest, meadow, ravine, rocky, glacial moraine and snow in winter
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Dharchula
- Ends At: Dharchula
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Pantnagar, Uttrakhand, Pithoragarh Raini Saini
- Nearest Rail Head: Kathgodam, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Dharchula
- Mobile Network: BSNL, sparsely
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
Whats So Special About This Journey?
- Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks.
- It passes by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, and hence, lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
- The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages.
Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks. Passing by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, this trek lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages. This not only earns them money but also gives a platform of interaction with the locals to see life through their eyes.
The 5 peaks of Pancha Chuli sees over these valley and from Saun, its a day excursion to the Pancha Chuli Base Camp. The peak almost seems climbable from that close.
The Sin La pass connects the Darma Valley to the Kuthi Yangti valley which forms the Adi Kailash trek. Check out more about Sin La Pass Trek on the following link /sinla-pass-trek-kuthi-yankti-to-darma-valley
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Kathgodam to Dharchula
- Day 2: Drive from Dharchula to New Sobla. Trek to Dhar
- Day 3: Trek to Sela, via Bongling
- Day 4: Trek to Baling, via Nagling
- Day 5: Trek to Saun
- Day 6: Trek to Meola Glacier and Panchchuli Base Camp. Back to Saun
- Day 7: Trek back to Nagling
- Day 8: Trek back to Bongling
- Day 9: Trek back to New Shobla. Drive to Dharchula
- Day 10: Drive to Kathgodam
Trek to Tidang from Saun via Dantu
Trek to Bidang towards Sin La
Explore Baling glacier or further up to Nipa Glacier or Sona Glacier from Meola
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:18:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High