Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
9 Popular Peaks:
Nagalaphu ( 6410m ), Panch Chuli I ( 6904m ), Panch Chuli II ( 6355m ), Panch Chuli III ( 6312m ), Panch Chuli IV ( 6334m ), Panch Chuli V ( 6437m ), Rajrambha ( 6539m ), Suj Tilla East ( 6373m ), Suj Tilla West ( 6333m )
6 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
Nagalphu Glacier, Sona Glacier, Meola Glacier, Nipa Glacier, Baling Glacier, Nagling Glacier
1 Tranquil Rivers:
10 Beautiful Remote Villages:
New Sobla, Dhar, Bongling, Sela, Nagling, Baling, Saun, Tidang, Bidang, Duttu
Why Should You Do The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
- Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks.
- It passes by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, and hence, lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
- The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages.
- 📅 Duration: 10 Days, Kathgodam to Kathgodam
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 3712m
- 🛑 Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- 🌄 Terrain: forest, meadow, ravine, rocky, glacial moraine and snow in winter
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Dharchula
- 🚩 Ends In: Dharchula
- 🌏 Region: India - Uttrakhand
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Pantnagar, Uttrakhand, Pithoragarh Raini Saini
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: Kathgodam, Uttrakhand
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Dharchula
- 📶 Mobile Network: BSNL, sparsely
- 🌐 Internet Option: No
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: No
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks. Passing by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, this trek lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages. This not only earns them money but also gives a platform of interaction with the locals to see life through their eyes.
The 5 peaks of Pancha Chuli sees over these valley and from Saun, its a day excursion to the Pancha Chuli Base Camp. The peak almost seems climbable from that close.
The Sin La pass connects the Darma Valley to the Kuthi Yangti valley which forms the Adi Kailash trek. Check out more about Sin La Pass Trek on the following link /sinla-pass-trek-kuthi-yankti-to-darma-valley
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Kathgodam to Dharchula
- Day 2: Drive from Dharchula to New Sobla. Trek to Dhar
- Day 3: Trek to Sela, via Bongling
- Day 4: Trek to Baling, via Nagling
- Day 5: Trek to Saun
- Day 6: Trek to Meola Glacier and Panchchuli Base Camp. Back to Saun
- Day 7: Trek back to Nagling
- Day 8: Trek back to Bongling
- Day 9: Trek back to New Shobla. Drive to Dharchula
- Day 10: Drive to Kathgodam
Trek to Tidang from Saun via Dantu
Trek to Bidang towards Sin La
Explore Baling glacier or further up to Nipa Glacier or Sona Glacier from Meola
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:18:00 AM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High