Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
About The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
Nagalaphu ( 6410m ), Panch Chuli I ( 6904m ), Panch Chuli II ( 6355m ), Panch Chuli III ( 6312m ), Panch Chuli IV ( 6334m ), Panch Chuli V ( 6437m ), Rajrambha ( 6539m ), Suj Tilla East ( 6373m ), Suj Tilla West ( 6333m )
Nagalphu Glacier, Sona Glacier, Meola Glacier, Nipa Glacier, Baling Glacier, Nagling Glacier
New Sobla, Dhar, Bongling, Sela, Nagling, Baling, Saun, Tidang, Bidang, Duttu
Why Should You Do The Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
- Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks.
- It passes by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, and hence, lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
- The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages.
- Duration: 10 Days, Kathgodam to Kathgodam
- Highest Altitude: 3712m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Terrain: forest, meadow, ravine, rocky, glacial moraine and snow in winter
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts From: Dharchula
- Ends In: Dharchula
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Pantnagar, Uttrakhand, Pithoragarh Raini Saini
- Nearest Rail Head: Kathgodam, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Dharchula
- Mobile Network: BSNL, sparsely
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
Trek to the soul of the Darma Valley following the River Darma up till the base camp of the Pancha Chuli Group of peaks. Passing by the remote villages of Dhar, Bongling, Nagling, Sela, Baling, Saun, Duttu and then further up to Tidang and Bidang, this trek lets you experience almost all of the Himalayas of Kumaon.
The villages lets you experience the rich culture and way of life of the Kumaon Himalayas. Homestays further makes it better as in this trek we can live like a local and spend the night in the houses of the local villages. This not only earns them money but also gives a platform of interaction with the locals to see life through their eyes.
The 5 peaks of Pancha Chuli sees over these valley and from Saun, its a day excursion to the Pancha Chuli Base Camp. The peak almost seems climbable from that close.
The Sin La pass connects the Darma Valley to the Kuthi Yangti valley which forms the Adi Kailash trek. Check out more about Sin La Pass Trek on the following link /sinla-pass-trek-kuthi-yankti-to-darma-valley
Media Gallery For Panch Chuli Base Camp Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Kathgodam to Dharchula
- Day 2: Drive from Dharchula to New Sobla. Trek to Dhar
- Day 3: Trek to Sela, via Bongling
- Day 4: Trek to Baling, via Nagling
- Day 5: Trek to Saun
- Day 6: Trek to Meola Glacier and Panchchuli Base Camp. Back to Saun
- Day 7: Trek back to Nagling
- Day 8: Trek back to Bongling
- Day 9: Trek back to New Shobla. Drive to Dharchula
- Day 10: Drive to Kathgodam
Trek to Tidang from Saun via Dantu
Trek to Bidang towards Sin La
Explore Baling glacier or further up to Nipa Glacier or Sona Glacier from Meola
+ Mandatory Packing List
- 3 sets of DryFit Tshirts
- 2 set of track pants (no jeans)
- 4 sets of socks ( 2 cottons, 2 woollen)
- 1 or 2 set of thermal inner ( upper & lower)
- Fleece Jacket or Pullovers
- Down Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof High Ankle Trekking Shoes (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Trouser (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Headlamp (can be rented from us )
- Trek Pole, Waterproof Gloves, Poncho, Rucksack, Fleece Inner Gloves, Waterproof Gloves, Gaiters, Spikes, Sleeping Bag Inners ( provided by us as complimentary use )
- Polaroid UV Protected Sunglasses or Snow/Glacier Goggles
- 2 Water Bottles & Tiffin Box with Spoon, 1 cup
- Skull Cap Wollen or Fleece
- Toilet Paper Roll, Wet Tissue
- Personal Care Kit ( lip balm, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc )
- Personal Medical Kit (basic or regular medicines )
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 2 - 5 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Rules Of Cancellation:
- Up to 7 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total paid amount
- Between 7 days to 0 days before the trek start date - No refund. Free rescheduling or transfer of slot is allowed.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity: This rule is only applicable for treks below 6000 meters and not graded as Challenging or Challenging+
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:18:00 AM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High