Shang La - Matho La Trek
The Easiest and Beautiful pass Crossing Trek for Beginners in Ladakh
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 7 days/ 7 nights, Leh to Leh
- Highest Altitude: 5200m
- Grade: Moderate ( learn more )
- Best Time: Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Terrain: Meadows, rocky, snow field
- Activity Type: Trek, Click
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Leh
- Ends At: Leh
- Region: India - Ladakh
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Leh, Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport ( IXL)
- Nearest Rail Head: Katra, (KEA), Jammu Tawi ( JAT)
- Mobile Network: BSNL postpaids
- Internet Option: yes, when there is network.
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Tibetan, Ladakhi
+ Travel Description
Walk the old Indus Valley Civilization. Witness the traditions and monasteries of the Ancient Tibetan Buddhism in the Little Tibet of India - Ladakh. Be mesmerized by the majestic peaks, beautiful valleys, and the lovely people of Ladakh. Oh, there are villages too!! For all those who love not just the beautiful mountains, but also its people, culture, traditions, flora and fauna.. Ladakh will love you back.
In this trek, you venture into the snow Leopard's winter home. If lucky, you might well sight the elegant and elusive cat. The trek takes you through 2 high altitude passes Shang La and Matho La, and the beautiful pasture lands of Shang Phu and Gangpoche to exit via Stok Village.
If you are yet ready for climbing Stok Kangri peak or Kang Yatse, or if you are for the first time in Ladakh and want to get introduced to trekking in this high altitude cold desert, the Shang La - Matho La trek is the best choice for you.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
- The magical landscape of Ladakh: If you have not witnessed the magic which the mountains of Ladakh does to your heart, you have lost on so many things in life. Being an Indian if you have not visited Ladakh, GO !!! What Are You Doing ??
- Ancient Buddhist Monasteries and Culture: There is a reason why people call it 'Little Tibet'. It is said the the most raw and ancient practices of the Tibetan Buddhism can in found in India ( Ladakh and Sikkim ) and not in Tibet.
- Moonland scape of Lamayuru. The unique and very famous moonland-scape of Lamayuru can be seen on this trek.
- River crossings . Its very exciting to cross a Himalayan river, and on this trek you do that several times. Sometimes you need to take precautions and extra care though!!
- People of Ladakh, their culture and way of life. This trek give you a lot of options to interact with the locals and know their way of life.
- Peaks of Nubra, Shayok and Zanskar. The views of the snow covered peaks seen from the pass tops are marvelous.
Friday, September 18, 2015 5:10:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High