Sikkim Green Lakes Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 14 days/ 13 nights Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 5200m
- Grade: Moderate + ( learn more )
- Best Time: Mar, Apr, May, Oct, Nov
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Lachen
- Ends At: Lachen
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepalese, Tibetan
+ Travel Description
This is probably the best trek in Sikkim. Regarded as being the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek, the route has a history too !! Earlier, it used to be a very important route for expeditions going to Kanchenjunga. The Zemu glacier emerging from the mighty Kanchenjunga is a breathtaking sight, from which emerges the Zemu river, a tributary of the mighty river Teesta, the lifeline of Sikkim and Darjeeling. Zemu is the largest glacier in the Eastern Himalayas.
The trek climbs up the narrow Zemu gorge into the snow cladded peaks surrounded by Mt. Simvo, Kanchenjunga, Tent Peak, Sinolchu and Lama Angden.
One of the very remote trek in the Himalayas, going close to the border, obtaining permission for this trek takes time too. It should always be planned atleast 4 - 5 months ahead.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
- Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peaks.
- Sinolchu is regarded as one of the most beautiful looking peak in the Himalayas
- Zemu glacier emerging from Kanchenjunga is the largest glacier in Eastern Himalayas
- Green lake is a high altitude lake at 5000 meters.
- The trek route is rich in flora and fauna
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:17:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High