Stok La and Stok Kangri Base Camp Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 7 Days, Leh to Leh
- Highest Altitude: 4950m
- Grade: Moderate ( learn more )
- Best Time: Jan - Dec
- Terrain: Flat river bed and tral
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Leh
- Ends At: Leh
- Region: India - Ladakh
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Leh, Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport ( IXL)
- Nearest Rail Head: Katra, (KEA), Jammu Tawi ( JAT)
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepalese, Tibetan, Ladakhi
+ Travel Description
Stok Kangri is perhaps the most climbed peak in Ladakh, and why not ? It is above 6000 meters and offers great views of Leh and Ladakh. Sadly, it is dufficult and everyonbe cannot climb it. It requires much preparation and planning.
For those who either plan to climb it but are not confident or for those who have bit less time but want to experience trekking amidst the beautiful landscape of Ladakh, the trek to Stok Kangri Base Camp is a very good option.
The landscape is astonighingly beautiful and crossing over of Stok La adds ruggedness adds good difficulties to the trek. The altitude of the trek goes as high as 5000 meters and is no joke. We spend an extra day in the Base Camp to explore the area as it serves as a base camp for all the 4 surrounding peaks in the Stok Range namely - Suku Kangri, Golep Kangri, Pyramid Peak, Pracha Kangri..
The locals add enough energy and fun to the trek. Starting the trek from Zingchen, we stop by at Rumbak at a local's home which gives a rare oppurtunity to experience a local Ladakhi homely hospitality and exchange of culture and knowledge.
Over all, this trek has lots to offer and is a good option for specially those who wants to reach higher altitudes, add challenge to their trek and are plannig for Stok Kangri in near future. The best thing is that it can be done even in the winters when this land becomes the dwelling ground for the snow leopard and mountain goats.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
- Trek to the base camp of Stok Kangri - The most climbed peak of Ladakh. Climbing Stok Kangri is an accomplishment in itself and can be treated as an introduction to mountaineering in the Himalayas. This trek helps you prepare better and come back to summit the peak as a confident climbing member.
- Crossing the rugged Stok La: Reaching the base camp of Stok Kangri by crossing the high pass of of Stok La which is at a height of 4950 meters. The pass top offers great views of the Ladakh Himalayas and the surrounding landscape
- Homestays and experiencing the local culture and villages of Ladakh. Trekking is not just about accomplishment, its also about feeling the place and getting to know it much better.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
Important Geo Locations
(** These data are approximate but are close to accurate. It will get perfect with repetative corrections over time)
Saturday, March 11, 2017 8:33:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High