Kagbhushandi Tal - KanKul Pass - Barmei Pass Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 8 - 9 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- Highest Altitude: 4800m
- Grade: Strenuous ( learn more )
- Best Time: May End - June, Sep - Early October
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field, glacial moraines
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Joshimath
- Ends At: Joshimath
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian Menu
+ Travel Description
Kagbhushandi tal trek is one picturesque trek near to Joshimath in Uttrakhand. Following up the same route as that of the more popular Valley Of Flowers Trek, this trek leaves behind the village of Bhyunder and then enters into the foreground of the Hathi Parvat.
A serene trail gets difficult at times in form of two passes standing as a barrier - the Kankul Pass and the Barmei Pass. In between these tow barriers lies the vista of the pristine lake of Kagbhushandi
As wisely said by someone, you don't get the view if you don't take the pain. The views offered by this trek are jawdropping, inspiring to praise the might of the himalayas to the next level. The route is also considered to be pious by the Hindu believes
If you are a offbeat trekker, and like the remoteness of the Himalayas, keen to challenge yourself, this trek is for you.
Route Details: Joshimath -- Govind Ghat -- Bhyunder -- Samertoli -- Dang Kharak -- Raj Kharak -- Kankul Pass -- Kagbhushandi Tal -- Barmei Pass -- Farsuwan Pass -- Jabar Kharak -- Paika -- Joshimath
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
- Nar, Neelkanth, Hathi, Ghodi, Oti Ka Danda peaks, Chaukhamba
- The village of Bhyundar and Pulna
- Samertoli - a lovely meadow
- Dang Kharak, a glacier between Hathi and Ghodi
- Hathi taal, a lake below the Hathi Parvat. Little walk from Raj Kharak
- Kankul Pass, the gateway to Kagbhushandi Lake
- The Swarna Ganga, meaning golden Ganga, a tributary of Alakananda emerging from Kagbhushandi lake
- Barmei Pass - the most challenging part of this trek
- Great views from Pharsawan Top
- Finally, the spiritual connect and mythological story of Kaga and Ramayana
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Cancellation Policy For Treks in India, Nepal, and Bhutan
- Up to 30 days from the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 50% refund of the total invoiced amount
- 20 days and later - No Refund of the total invoiced amount
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:49:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High