At 6189 meter, Island peak offers an exquisite challenge for those who want to seek the Himalayan High. It is a bridge between trekking and climbing and if you want to take up mountaineering, its the best option to test your nerves by attempting this peak. Its also a good option for those who like high altitude and thrilling treks.
Island peak climb is a demanding trek, especially the last leg, which is very steep over snow with great exposures on both the sides. We climb this peak on fixed ropes with our ascenders on. You will be oriented on the use of mountaineering gears and mountaineering techniques before attempting the summit.
Our itinerary is well designed one taking care of the most important aspect of a climb this high - Acclimatization. Clubbed together with Everest Base Camp trek, a hike up to Kalapatthar, and the climb of Kongma La, this trek is almost all of the Everest region you can explore in 18 odd days. Offcourse not, if you plan to trek to the Gokyo region via the yet another mighty pass of Cho La.
Walk on the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa to the base camp of the highest mountain in the World - Mount Everest 8850 meters. On the way, experience the ever jolly and smiling Sherpas, one of the hardest human beings on the planet, their way of life and Buddhist beliefs and their hospitality. Witness the grand panaromas of the snow cladded highest peaks in the Himalayas, including Makalu, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kang Tega.
Other Treks In The Everest Region:
Few Very Important Things To Keep In Mind For The Trek To Everest Base Camp
Lukla Flight Inconsistencies:
- The flights to Lukla is not a simple one and is not always guaranteed to fly on time and reach on time. It is governed by the weather Gods and on a bad weather day, they do not take off. This is a serious problem and your entire planning will fall apart if you do not make a note of this. Including buffer days for this particular uncertainty is very much advised.
- Mostly, the first flights take off, so make it a point to book your flights very early to be assured a first flight.
- If you miss a flight, do not cancel it as the airlines will try its best to put you on the next flight, next day, without any cost. If you cancel your tickets, they will charge you cancellation charge
- The delay in a day, or sometimes couple of days might affect your schedule and bookings of the tea houses. These things are out of your control. So plan in a manner which is for the best interest of everyone involved in your plan - i.e. the guides, porters, travel agent, tea houses etc. Usually everyone understands this problem and tries to co-operate. You too need to co-operate on this matter.
- This problem of the flight not flying can also create a problem managing your stay in Kathmandu, as you might not find suitable hotels during a peak season, or might have to put up in a expensive hotels because of that.
- We suggest including atleast 2 buffer days in your travel plan and booking first flights to Lukla to overcome this uncertainty.
Travel Insurance And Helicopter Rescue For Everest Base Camp Trek.
This is a high altitude multi-day trek. Not everyone can match to the pace of the trek, its high altitude, cold weather and rough terrain. You might fall sick, be a victim of Altitude Sickness or get injured. Thankfully, Nepal is safer on this regards and you can get your trips insured. However, there are few things to keep in mind about the insurance
- There is a problem on the ground due to insurance issues. Few guides and travel agents make you feel that you need a helicopter rescue often when not required, because they get a huge commission from the helicopter agencies. So if you have a travel insurance, you can shield yourself from this problem on the ground.
- Even if you need a helicopter rescue due to crisis, if you have a insurance you will end up getting the insurance just for some 10000 Nepali Rs. If you are not insured, it will seriously hurt your pocket as the helicopter rescue can cost any amount between 2500 - 4000 USD depending on the altitude and terrain.
- You can get yourself insured for the trek from few private insurance service providers in Kathmandu.
- Apart from Helicopter rescue, they also provide medical and accidental insurance for the duration of your trek.
- Its very important to note here that we DO NOT have any tie-ups with insurance companies. It just an advice using our experiences.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
Go To Contents Menu