Everest Gokyo Three Passes Trek
For the daring breeds.. rest go on the usual Everest Base Camp Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 18 days/ 18 nights, Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
- Highest Altitude: 5554m
- Grade: Challenging ( learn more )
- Best Time: Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, forest, rocky, meadows, icy
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Lukla
- Ends At: Lukla
- Region: Nepal - Everest
- Country: Nepal
- Nearest Airport: Tenzing–Hillary Airport, Lukla, Solukhumbhu
- Nearest Rail Head: Jayanagar or Gorakhpur, Bihar
- Mobile Network: In some parts of the trek. Landline and satellite phone also available
- Internet Option: 3g till Namche and Mongla. Wifi available in tea houses
- Temperatures: -10 to 5 in Winter and Early Spring. -5 to 15 in summers
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Nepalese and Tibetan
+ Travel Description
Everest Gokyo Three Passes Trek is a slight variety to the usual base camp trek. In this route, you trek the famous Three Passes of the Everest region - The Kongma La 5535 meters, Cho La 5367 meters and Renjo La 5360 meters.
With stunning view of Everest from multiple sides, this trek is also, but not just about it. 3 other 8000 meter peaks show their majestic aura - namely Makalu - 8481m, 5th highest, Lhotse - 8516m, 4th highest and Cho Oyu - 8201m, 6th highest.
We need no introduction to the Everest Base Camp Trek and clubbing it together with the pristine and less travelled Gokyo Lakes just makes it an amazing trek experience. Crossing the three passes adds enough challenge to the trek which will help you satisfuy the thirst for adventure and getting over the challenge.
Read more on each of the treks in their respective pages - Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest Gokyo Circuit Trek
Get higher with us to feel the Himalayan High in the mecca of Mountaineering
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
Peaks At Glance: Ama Dablam ( 6856m ), Cho Oyu ( 8201m ), Gyachung Kang ( 7952m ), Kala Pattar ( 5545m ), Kangtega ( 6782m ), Khumbutse ( 6636m ), Kongde ( 6187m ), Kusum Kangguru ( 6367m ), Lhotse ( 8516m ), Lhotse middle ( 8430m ), Lhotse Shar ( 8400m ), Lingtren ( 6714m ), Lobuche East ( 6119m ), Makalu ( 8462m ), Mount Everest ( 8850m ), Nupla ( 5885m ), Nuptse ( 7861m ), Thamserku ( 6608m ), Tobuche ( 6495m )
- Trek the famous Three Passes of the Everest region - Kongma La, Cho La and Renjo La
- World's highest peaks. This trek goes to the base camp of the World's highest mountain, Mt. Everest 8850m, where mountaineers spends over a month to climb it. 3 other mountains above 8000 meter can be seen from this trek - Lhotse (8516m, 4th highest) , Makalu(8481m, 5th Highest) and Cho Oyu (8201m, 6th highest)
- Array of High peaks of the Nepal Himalayas - Right from the time you take your flight to Lukla till the end, you get to see numerous High peaks of the Nepal Himalayas, namely Nupla, Kongde, Khumde, Thamserku, Kusum Kangru, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Machermo, Cholatse, Tabuche, Lobuche, Nirekha, Pumori, Machermo, etc.
- The thrilling flight to Lukla, World's most dangerous airport. Apart from the flying experience, the view from flight is breath taking. All high peaks of the Nepal Himalayas are visible.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. During the springs, the trail till Namche is colourful due to the blooming of the Rhododendrons.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- High Altitude and super panorama of peaks from Kala Patthar, Cho La and Gokyo Ri Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Witness Shepra hospitality and Neplese culture on the trek
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Cancellation Policy For Treks in India, Nepal, and Bhutan
- Up to 30 days from the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 50% refund of the total invoiced amount
- 20 days and later - No Refund of the total invoiced amount
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:53:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High