Bhyundar Khal, Valley Of Flower Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Bhyundar Khal, Valley Of Flower Trek
Exploring on the steps of Sir Frank Smythe, the Bhyunder Khal trek is a great trek to be explored by any Himalayan High Seekers. Most of this trek is through glacial moraines crossing the high altitude pass of Bhyunder Khal.
The trek starts with a drive to Govind Ghat and then following the trails of the more popular Valley of Flowers. The trail climbs up steadily and takes you to the remote valley of the Tipra Bamak. The Bhyunder Khal trek gets serious after this and requires negotiating the moraines of the Gauri glacier, Rataban Glacier and Tipra Glacier. The climb to the pass is steep and treacherous. The top of the Bhyunder Khal offers close and glorious view of Neelkanth, Hathi, Nilgiri and Rataban peaks. After crossing the pass, we land on to the other side of the Rataban Glacier continuing over the moraines. The trek route take a right turn diverging from the Gupt Khal trek route and goes down straight to exit in the village of Ghamsali.
Route Details: Joshimath -- Govind Ghat -- Ghangharia -- Tipra -- Bhyunder Ice Fall -- Bhyunder Khal Base -- Bhyunder Khal -- Rataban Glacier Camp -- Eri Udiar -- Ghamsali -- Joshimath
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Here is a brief.
- Small Groups of less than 15 members
- No Fixed Camps at all. Use a single sleeping bag, mattress & sleeping bag inners throughout the trek without any mixup
- Sanitized Transportation
- Contactless Screening of Participants on arrival
- Contactless Paperwork and Online Booking Procedure
- Mandatory Sanitization Before Entry
- Sanitized Accommodation, Linens, Sleeping Bags, etc
- Sanitized and sun-dried Camping Equipment
- Monitored Support Crew with extra protection of masks, gloves and frequent use of sanitizers
- Social Distancing from other unmonitored groups
- Daily evaluation of Health for Safe Mountain Health
- Twin Sharing Accommodations on the trek
- Single tent supplement available
- Proper Dining Hygiene in Dining Tents
- Dry Toilets in toilet tents.
- Covid Hygiene Kit including personal Sleeping Bag Inner for free
- Precautionary Quarantine Tents On Trek
- Immunity-Boosting Food Menu and Drinks
- Filtered, Boiled and Treated Drinking Water
Read more on the following link about our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we have resumed our Himalayan Treks.
** click to expand and read
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 11 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- Highest Altitude: 5100m
- Grade: Strenuous ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: May End - June, Sep - Early October
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field, glacial moraines
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Joshimath
- Ends At: Joshimath
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Joshimath
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian Menu
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Govind Ghat (25km, 1900m, 1hr). Trek to Ghangharia (3100m, 13km, 5 - 6 hrs)
- Day 3: Excursion/ Acclimatization trek to the Hemkund Sahib ( 4161m). Back to Ghangaria.
- Day 4: Trek to Tipra Kharak (3700m, 10km, 5hrs ). Visit Valley of Flowers enroute
- Day 5: Trek to Bhyunder Ice Fall (4300m, 7km, 5 hrs)
- Day 6: Trek to Bhyunder Khal Base (4600m, 5 Kms, 4 hrs)
- Day 7: Trek to Rataban Glacier Camp (4500m, 9 km, 6 - 7 hrs) via Bhyunder Khal ( 5100m )
- Day 8: Trek to Eri Udiar (3900m, 12km, 6 hrs)
- Day 9: Trek to Ghamsali ( 3000m, 10km, 5 hrs).
- Day 10: Drive Ghamsali to Joshimath
- Day 11: Drive Joshimath to Rishikesh
+ Trek Highlights
- The aweinspiring peaks of Nar, Neelkanth, Hathi, Ghodi, Rataban
- The village of Ghamsali. One of the most remote village on the borders of Uttrakhand and Tibet. The very few of the Rongpa tribes live there.
- Retracing history in Frank Smythe's path who first explored the Valley Of Flowers and named it so. His explorations in the mountains of Garhwal are worth a read
- Bhyunder Khaal is not a pass to be crossed by the weak hearted. For those who are motivated by the remoteness of the Himalayas and are ready to accept the challenges, this region can offer them a good exploration thrill.
- Moraine walks beneath some of the beautiful peaks of Garhwal and a challenging trek to cool your challenge seeking nerves.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:44:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High