Bhyundar Khal - Valley Of Flower Trek
Following the track of Frank Smythe's discovery of the Valley of Flowers
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Bhyundar Khal - Valley Of Flower Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Bhyundar Khal - Valley Of Flower Trek
8 Popular Peaks:
Deoban ( 6855m ), Gauri Parbat ( 6708m ), Hathi Parbat ( 6727m ), Kamet ( 7756m ), Mana Peak ( 7272m ), Mandir Parbat ( 6559m ), Nilgiri Parbat ( 6474m ), Nilkantha ( 6596m )
1 High Passes:
Bhyunder Khal ( 5100m )
4 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
Gauri Glacier, Rataban Glacier, Tipra Bamak, Rataban Glacier N
2 Tranquil Rivers:
Bhyunder Ganga, Dhauli Ganga
2 Beautiful Remote Villages:
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Valley of Flowers National Park
Why Should You Do The Bhyundar Khal - Valley Of Flower Trek
- The aweinspiring peaks of Nar, Neelkanth, Hathi, Ghodi, Rataban
- The village of Ghamsali. One of the most remote village on the borders of Uttrakhand and Tibet. The very few of the Rongpa tribes live there.
- Retracing history in Frank Smythe's path who first explored the Valley Of Flowers and named it so. His explorations in the mountains of Garhwal are worth a read
- Bhyunder Khaal is not a pass to be crossed by the weak hearted. For those who are motivated by the remoteness of the Himalayas and are ready to accept the challenges, this region can offer them a good exploration thrill.
- Moraine walks beneath some of the beautiful peaks of Garhwal and a challenging trek to cool your challenge seeking nerves.
- 📅 Duration: 11 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 5100m
- 🛑 Grade: Strenuous ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: May End - June, Sep - Early October
- 🌄 Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field, glacial moraines
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Joshimath
- 🚩 Ends In: Joshimath
- 🌏 Region: India - Uttrakhand
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Joshimath
- 📶 Mobile Network:
- 🌐 Internet Option:
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian Menu
Exploring on the steps of Sir Frank Smythe, the Bhyunder Khal trek is a great trek to be explored by any Himalayan High Seekers. Most of this trek is through glacial moraines crossing the high altitude pass of Bhyunder Khal.
The trek starts with a drive to Govind Ghat and then following the trails of the more popular Valley of Flowers. The trail climbs up steadily and takes you to the remote valley of the Tipra Bamak. The Bhyunder Khal trek gets serious after this and requires negotiating the moraines of the Gauri glacier, Rataban Glacier and Tipra Glacier. The climb to the pass is steep and treacherous. The top of the Bhyunder Khal offers close and glorious view of Neelkanth, Hathi, Nilgiri and Rataban peaks. After crossing the pass, we land on to the other side of the Rataban Glacier continuing over the moraines. The trek route take a right turn diverging from the Gupt Khal trek route and goes down straight to exit in the village of Ghamsali.
Route Details: Joshimath -- Govind Ghat -- Ghangharia -- Tipra -- Bhyunder Ice Fall -- Bhyunder Khal Base -- Bhyunder Khal -- Rataban Glacier Camp -- Eri Udiar -- Ghamsali -- Joshimath
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report or Vaccination Certificate Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
All our permanent staffs have completed their vaccination and we ensure we hire other vaccinated local resources only.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Bhyundar Khal - Valley Of Flower Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Govind Ghat (25km, 1900m, 1hr). Trek to Ghangharia (3100m, 13km, 5 - 6 hrs)
- Day 3: Excursion/ Acclimatization trek to the Hemkund Sahib ( 4161m). Back to Ghangaria.
- Day 4: Trek to Tipra Kharak (3700m, 10km, 5hrs ). Visit Valley of Flowers enroute
- Day 5: Trek to Bhyunder Ice Fall (4300m, 7km, 5 hrs)
- Day 6: Trek to Bhyunder Khal Base (4600m, 5 Kms, 4 hrs)
- Day 7: Trek to Rataban Glacier Camp (4500m, 9 km, 6 - 7 hrs) via Bhyunder Khal ( 5100m )
- Day 8: Trek to Eri Udiar (3900m, 12km, 6 hrs)
- Day 9: Trek to Ghamsali ( 3000m, 10km, 5 hrs).
- Day 10: Drive Ghamsali to Joshimath
- Day 11: Drive Joshimath to Rishikesh
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:44:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High