Singalila Goechala Circuit Trek From Uttarey to Yuksom
A trek pilgrimage to the Goddess Mountain of Kanchenjunga
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Singalila Goechala Circuit Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Singalila Goechala Circuit Trek
13 Popular Peaks:
Sinolchu ( 6887m ), Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
2 High Passes:
Goecha La ( 4950m ), Zemu Gap ( 5878m )
4 Serene Lakes:
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m )
1 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
1 Tranquil Rivers:
1 Beautiful Remote Villages:
2 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Khanchendzonga National Park, Singalila National Park
Why Should You Do The Singalila Goechala Circuit Trek
- Grand View of Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peak. Trek to Goechala where you will get as near to the massif that you would want to touch the giant.
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early June.
- The lucky ones get a chance to sight the rare species of birds and animal of the Singalila and Kanchenjunga National Park.
- Trek to the summit of Goecha La which is 5000 meters high is one of the most rewarding experience of the entire trek, and most importantly the feeling of peace offered by the waves of the Samity Lake and 'tear-shaped' Goecha lake is a satisfying experience adds unmatched value to the trek.
- The view of rising and setting sun over the mountain tops excites you to the core and gets you on your feet. Yes, do not forget your cameras to capture the golden peaks.
- The hospitality offered by the Sikkimese, Subba and Liboo cultural will win your heart, and yes, obviously the tasty cuisines too !!
- 📅 Duration: 16 Days, Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 4950m
- 🛑 Grade: Moderate + ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- 🌄 Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Uttarey
- 🚩 Ends In: Yuksom
- 🌏 Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Uttarey
- 📶 Mobile Network: Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL till Yuksom
- 🌐 Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: No
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Dzongri Goechala is a trek which requires no introduction at all. But its crowded. For the traveler breed, who love their Himalayas raw and like mingling with the locals and are fascinated by the remote settings of the Himalayas, we have a high-value alternative to experience more of the Sikkim Himalayas. Singalila Round Trek is such a trek where you can experience much more and yet never be bored of it.
The Singalila Round Trek is a gem of a trek making you fall in love with the Himalayas freshly. It has almost all the elements of a Himalayan experience to make it one of the best remote treks to be done in the Himalayas of North Eastern India. The sight of remote villages aloof from the internet world with the locals greeting you with a big warm smile and welcoming you to their land like their friend.. The dense jungles of Sikkim where you can get lost even in the daylight if not accompanied.. The wild flowers to the colourful rhododendrons intoxicating the route with its fragrance and beauty.. Oh ! there are lots more...
Tall and elegant, snow cladded peaks of the region lures you to get nearer to them. Rising above 7000 meters to as high as 8586 meters to become the 3rd highest mountain in the World - Kanchenjung, meaning 5 treasures of the snow feels motherly and a spiritual guide. The locals swear by its name and considers it their God. So it is, and you will only know the reason once you witness its sheer height, magnificence and vastness.. On this trek Kanchenjunga will show you its different shapes and might, from distance in the beginning and as we get on well into the trek, from as close as a stone's throw distance.. Yeah... standing in front of this huge mountain is a eye opener in which you realize, you are so small and just a mortal.. read on...
The slow waves of the Samity lake and the Goecha lake has the power to get any being silent and worship its calm and serenity.. It gets you peaceful to the core while the breeze hits your face refreshing you and gets off all your worries... and as you breathe in the fresh Himalayan air, you reform into a new spiritual being, a stronger you is born
well... the trek has more. As we start the trek from Uttarey, a beautiful village in West Sikkim, the trek walks us on the ridge bordering Nepal and Sikkim crossing the pious Danpheybir La and Laxmi Pokhari before reaching Dzongri - the meeting place of the pious souls. Dzongri top offers one of the most spectacular sunrises in the Himalayas as the Sun slowly lits the mighty Kanchenjunga and then its family of peaks to gift your soul a eternal high that you can never forget.. yeah, if you cry at the sight of the blissful beauty, dont blame us ! That's the Himalayas for you..
The words could have gone on and never stopped.. but its time you need to trek and write your own experience.
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report or Vaccination Certificate Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
All our permanent staffs have completed their vaccination and we ensure we hire other vaccinated local resources only.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Singalila Goechala Circuit Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Bagdogra to Uttarey
- Day 2. Uttarey to Chewabanjayang
- Day 3. Chewabanjayang to Sikkimey Gairi
- Day 4. Sikkimey Gairi to Dhoor.
- Day 5. Dhoor to Pare Meghu.
- Day 6. Pare Meghu to Laxmi Pokhari.
- Day 7. Laxmi Pokhari to Gomathang, via Danphey Bir La.
- Day 8. Gomathang to Pangdin.
- Day 9. Pangdin to Dzongri.
- Day 10: Trek to Dzongri Top for Sunrise. Visit Dzongri La and back to Dzongri.
- Day 11. Dzongri to Thansing.
- Day 12. Thangsing to Lamuney. Visit Samity Lake.
- Day 13: Goechala and back to Kokchurong
- Day 14. Kokchurung to Tshoka.
- Day 15. Tshoka to Yuksom.
- Day 16. Yuksom to Bagdogra
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:11:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High