13 Popular Peaks:
Sinolchu ( 6887m ), Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
2 High Passes:
Goecha La ( 4950m ), Zemu Gap ( 5878m )
4 Serene Lakes:
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m )
1 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
1 Tranquil Rivers:
1 Beautiful Remote Villages:
2 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Khanchendzonga National Park, Singalila National Park
- Grand View of Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peak. Trek to Goechala where you will get as near to the massif that you would want to touch the giant.
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early June.
- The lucky ones get a chance to sight the rare species of birds and animal of the Singalila and Kanchenjunga National Park.
- Trek to the summit of Goecha La which is 5000 meters high is one of the most rewarding experience of the entire trek, and most importantly the feeling of peace offered by the waves of the Samity Lake and 'tear-shaped' Goecha lake is a satisfying experience adds unmatched value to the trek.
- The view of rising and setting sun over the mountain tops excites you to the core and gets you on your feet. Yes, do not forget your cameras to capture the golden peaks.
- The hospitality offered by the Sikkimese, Subba and Liboo cultural will win your heart, and yes, obviously the tasty cuisines too !!
Dzongri Goechala is a trek which requires no introduction at all. But its crowded. For the traveler breed, who love their Himalayas raw and like mingling with the locals and are fascinated by the remote settings of the Himalayas, we have a high-value alternative to experience more of the Sikkim Himalayas. Singalila Round Trek is such a trek where you can experience much more and yet never be bored of it.
The Singalila Round Trek is a gem of a trek making you fall in love with the Himalayas freshly. It has almost all the elements of a Himalayan experience to make it one of the best remote treks to be done in the Himalayas of North Eastern India. The sight of remote villages aloof from the internet world with the locals greeting you with a big warm smile and welcoming you to their land like their friend.. The dense jungles of Sikkim where you can get lost even in the daylight if not accompanied.. The wild flowers to the colourful rhododendrons intoxicating the route with its fragrance and beauty.. Oh ! there are lots more...
Tall and elegant, snow cladded peaks of the region lures you to get nearer to them. Rising above 7000 meters to as high as 8586 meters to become the 3rd highest mountain in the World - Kanchenjung, meaning 5 treasures of the snow feels motherly and a spiritual guide. The locals swear by its name and considers it their God. So it is, and you will only know the reason once you witness its sheer height, magnificence and vastness.. On this trek Kanchenjunga will show you its different shapes and might, from distance in the beginning and as we get on well into the trek, from as close as a stone's throw distance.. Yeah... standing in front of this huge mountain is a eye opener in which you realize, you are so small and just a mortal.. read on...
The slow waves of the Samity lake and the Goecha lake has the power to get any being silent and worship its calm and serenity.. It gets you peaceful to the core while the breeze hits your face refreshing you and gets off all your worries... and as you breathe in the fresh Himalayan air, you reform into a new spiritual being, a stronger you is born
well... the trek has more. As we start the trek from Uttarey, a beautiful village in West Sikkim, the trek walks us on the ridge bordering Nepal and Sikkim crossing the pious Danpheybir La and Laxmi Pokhari before reaching Dzongri - the meeting place of the pious souls. Dzongri top offers one of the most spectacular sunrises in the Himalayas as the Sun slowly lits the mighty Kanchenjunga and then its family of peaks to gift your soul a eternal high that you can never forget.. yeah, if you cry at the sight of the blissful beauty, dont blame us ! That's the Himalayas for you..
The words could have gone on and never stopped.. but its time you need to trek and write your own experience.