Singalila - Kanchenjunga Round Trek
A trek pilgrimage to the Goddess Mountain of Kanchenjunga
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Singalila - Kanchenjunga Round Trek
Dzongri Goechala is a trek which requires no introduction at all. But its crowded. For the traveler breed, who love their Himalayas raw and like mingling with the locals and are fascinated by the remote settings of the Himalayas, we have a high-value alternative to experience more of the Sikkim Himalayas. Singalila Round Trek is such a trek where you can experience much more and yet never be bored of it.
The Singalila Round Trek is a gem of a trek making you fall in love with the Himalayas freshly. It has almost all the elements of a Himalayan experience to make it one of the best remote treks to be done in the Himalayas of North Eastern India. The sight of remote villages aloof from the internet world with the locals greeting you with a big warm smile and welcoming you to their land like their friend.. The dense jungles of Sikkim where you can get lost even in the daylight if not accompanied.. The wild flowers to the colourful rhododendrons intoxicating the route with its fragrance and beauty.. Oh ! there are lots more...
Tall and elegant, snow cladded peaks of the region lures you to get nearer to them. Rising above 7000 meters to as high as 8586 meters to become the 3rd highest mountain in the World - Kanchenjung, meaning 5 treasures of the snow feels motherly and a spiritual guide. The locals swear by its name and considers it their God. So it is, and you will only know the reason once you witness its sheer height, magnificence and vastness.. On this trek Kanchenjunga will show you its different shapes and might, from distance in the beginning and as we get on well into the trek, from as close as a stone's throw distance.. Yeah... standing in front of this huge mountain is a eye opener in which you realize, you are so small and just a mortal.. read on...
The slow waves of the Samity lake and the Goecha lake has the power to get any being silent and worship its calm and serenity.. It gets you peaceful to the core while the breeze hits your face refreshing you and gets off all your worries... and as you breathe in the fresh Himalayan air, you reform into a new spiritual being, a stronger you is born
well... the trek has more. As we start the trek from Uttarey, a beautiful village in West Sikkim, the trek walks us on the ridge bordering Nepal and Sikkim crossing the pious Danpheybir La and Laxmi Pokhari before reaching Dzongri - the meeting place of the pious souls. Dzongri top offers one of the most spectacular sunrises in the Himalayas as the Sun slowly lits the mighty Kanchenjunga and then its family of peaks to gift your soul a eternal high that you can never forget.. yeah, if you cry at the sight of the blissful beauty, dont blame us ! That's the Himalayas for you..
The words could have gone on and never stopped.. but its time you need to trek and write your own experience.
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Here is a brief.
- Small Groups of less than 15 members
- No Fixed Camps at all. Use a single sleeping bag, mattress & sleeping bag inners throughout the trek without any mixup
- Sanitized Transportation
- Contactless Screening of Participants on arrival
- Contactless Paperwork and Online Booking Procedure
- Mandatory Sanitization Before Entry
- Sanitized Accommodation, Linens, Sleeping Bags, etc
- Sanitized and sun-dried Camping Equipment
- Monitored Support Crew with extra protection of masks, gloves and frequent use of sanitizers
- Social Distancing from other unmonitored groups
- Daily evaluation of Health for Safe Mountain Health
- Twin Sharing Accommodations on the trek
- Single tent supplement available
- Proper Dining Hygiene in Dining Tents
- Dry Toilets in toilet tents.
- Covid Hygiene Kit including personal Sleeping Bag Inner for free
- Precautionary Quarantine Tents On Trek
- Immunity-Boosting Food Menu and Drinks
- Filtered, Boiled and Treated Drinking Water
Read more on the following link about our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we have resumed our Himalayan Treks.
** click to expand and read
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 16 Days, Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 4950m
- Grade: Moderate + ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- Starts At: Uttarey
- Ends At: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Uttarey
- Mobile Network: Vodafone, Airtel, BSNL till Yuksom
- Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Bagdogra to Uttarey
- Day 2. Uttarey to Chewabanjayang
- Day 3. Chewabanjayang to Sikkimey Gairi
- Day 4. Sikkimey Gairi to Dhoor.
- Day 5. Dhoor to Pare Meghu.
- Day 6. Pare Meghu to Laxmi Pokhari.
- Day 7. Laxmi Pokhari to Gomathang, via Danphey Bir La.
- Day 8. Gomathang to Pangdin.
- Day 9. Pangdin to Dzongri.
- Day 10: Trek to Dzongri Top for Sunrise. Visit Dzongri La and back to Dzongri.
- Day 11. Dzongri to Thansing.
- Day 12. Thangsing to Lamuney. Visit Samity Lake.
- Day 13: Goechala and back to Kokchurong
- Day 14. Kokchurung to Tshoka.
- Day 15. Tshoka to Yuksom.
- Day 16. Yuksom to Bagdogra
+ Trek Highlights
Peaks At Glance: Sinolchu ( 6887m ), Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
- Grand View of Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peak. Trek to Goechala where you will get as near to the massif that you would want to touch the giant.
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early June.
- The lucky ones get a chance to sight the rare species of birds and animal of the Singalila and Kanchenjunga National Park.
- Trek to the summit of Goecha La which is 5000 meters high is one of the most rewarding experience of the entire trek, and most importantly the feeling of peace offered by the waves of the Samity Lake and 'tear-shaped' Goecha lake is a satisfying experience adds unmatched value to the trek.
- The view of rising and setting sun over the mountain tops excites you to the core and gets you on your feet. Yes, do not forget your cameras to capture the golden peaks.
- The hospitality offered by the Sikkimese, Subba and Liboo cultural will win your heart, and yes, obviously the tasty cuisines too !!
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:11:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High