Tenchenkhang Summit 6010m
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Tenchenkhang Summit 6010m
Though graded as a trekking peak, climbing Tenchenkhang is a bit more than that. Anyone who has trekked to Goechala or Sandakphu will be fascinated by this peak, specially the view of this peak from the campsite of Thansing is just breathtaking !!
Tenchenkhang offers the apt amount of difficulties to any aspiring mountaineer. If you want to convert yourself into a mountaineer or would like to test your mountaineering skills, this is the peak for you.
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Here is a brief.
- Small Groups of less than 15 members
- No Fixed Camps at all. Use a single sleeping bag, mattress & sleeping bag inners throughout the trek without any mixup
- Sanitized Transportation
- Contactless Screening of Participants on arrival
- Contactless Paperwork and Online Booking Procedure
- Mandatory Sanitization Before Entry
- Sanitized Accommodation, Linens, Sleeping Bags, etc
- Sanitized and sun-dried Camping Equipment
- Monitored Support Crew with extra protection of masks, gloves and frequent use of sanitizers
- Social Distancing from other unmonitored groups
- Daily evaluation of Health for Safe Mountain Health
- Twin Sharing Accommodations on the trek
- Single tent supplement available
- Proper Dining Hygiene in Dining Tents
- Dry Toilets in toilet tents.
- Covid Hygiene Kit including personal Sleeping Bag Inner for free
- Precautionary Quarantine Tents On Trek
- Immunity-Boosting Food Menu and Drinks
- Filtered, Boiled and Treated Drinking Water
Read more on the following link about our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we have resumed our Himalayan Treks.
** click to expand and read
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 17 - 20 days Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 6010m
- Grade: Challenging + ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: May, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field
- Activity Type: Climb, Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Yuksom
- Ends At: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Yuksom
- Mobile Network: BSNL and Vodafone in Yuksom
- Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepali and Tibetan
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1 ) Bagdogra to Yuksom
- Day 2) Yuksom to Tshoka - (3050 m)
- Day 3 ) Tshoka to Dzongri - (4000 m)
- Day 4 ) Dzongri to Dzongri Top to Kokchurong
- Day 5 ) Kokchurong to Toriphuley ( Base Camp), via Thansing
- Day 6 ) Base Camp - rest and Load Distribution
- Day 7 ) Base Camp to ABC - Load Ferry
- Day 8 ) Occuppy ABC
- Day 9 ) ABC to Camp 1 - Route Opening
- Day 10) Occupy Camp 1
- Day 11) Camp 1 to Summit - Route Open
- Day 12) Summit Attempt
- Day 13) Contingency Day
- Day 14) Camp 1 - Thansing
- Day 15) Thansing - Tshokha
- Day 16) Tshokha - Yuksom
- Day 17) Yuksom - Bagdogra
Goechala and Samity Lake may be visited on return
write to us for detailed itinerary - email@example.com
+ Trek Highlights
Peaks At Glance: Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Frey ( 5853m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
- Summit of Tenchenkhang 6010 meters
- Panorama of more than 16 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, etc
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Lepcha, Sikkimese, Nepali and Subba culture.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:21:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High