Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition 6010 Meters
Climbing a semi technical peak avobe 6000 meter under the shadow of Kanchenjunga
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
12 Popular Peaks:
Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Frey ( 5853m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
1 High Passes:
Goecha La ( 4950m )
4 Serene Lakes:
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m )
1 Beautiful Remote Villages:
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Khanchendzonga National Park
Why Should You Do The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
- Summit of Tenchenkhang 6010 meters
- Panorama of more than 16 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, etc
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Lepcha, Sikkimese, Nepali and Subba culture.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
- 📅 Duration: 17 - 20 days Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 6010m
- 🛑 Grade: Challenging + ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: May, Sep, Oct, Nov
- 🌄 Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field
- 🏃 Activity Type: Climb, Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Yuksom
- 🚩 Ends In: Yuksom
- 🌏 Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Yuksom
- 📶 Mobile Network: BSNL and Vodafone in Yuksom
- 🌐 Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepali and Tibetan
Though graded as a trekking peak, climbing Tenchenkhang is a bit more than that. Anyone who has trekked to Goechala or Sandakphu will be fascinated by this peak, specially the view of this peak from the campsite of Thansing is just breathtaking !!
Tenchenkhang offers the apt amount of difficulties to any aspiring mountaineer. If you want to convert yourself into a mountaineer or would like to test your mountaineering skills, this is the peak for you.
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1 ) Bagdogra to Yuksom
- Day 2) Yuksom to Tshoka - (3050 m)
- Day 3 ) Tshoka to Dzongri - (4000 m)
- Day 4 ) Dzongri to Dzongri Top to Kokchurong
- Day 5 ) Kokchurong to Toriphuley ( Base Camp), via Thansing
- Day 6 ) Base Camp - rest and Load Distribution
- Day 7 ) Base Camp to ABC - Load Ferry
- Day 8 ) Occuppy ABC
- Day 9 ) ABC to Camp 1 - Route Opening
- Day 10) Occupy Camp 1
- Day 11) Camp 1 to Summit - Route Open
- Day 12) Summit Attempt
- Day 13) Contingency Day
- Day 14) Camp 1 - Thansing
- Day 15) Thansing - Tshokha
- Day 16) Tshokha - Yuksom
- Day 17) Yuksom - Bagdogra
Goechala and Samity Lake may be visited on return
write to us for detailed itinerary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:21:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High