Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition 6010 Meters
Climbing a semi technical peak avobe 6000 meter under the shadow of Kanchenjunga
About The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Frey ( 5853m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
Goecha La ( 4950m )
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m )
National Parks / Forest Reserves:
Khanchendzonga National Park
Why Should You Do The Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
- Summit of Tenchenkhang 6010 meters
- Panorama of more than 16 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, etc
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Lepcha, Sikkimese, Nepali and Subba culture.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
- Duration: 17 - 20 days Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 6010m
- Grade: Challenging + ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: May, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field
- Activity Type: Climb, Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts From: Yuksom
- Ends In: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Yuksom
- Mobile Network: BSNL and Vodafone in Yuksom
- Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepali and Tibetan
Though graded as a trekking peak, climbing Tenchenkhang is a bit more than that. Anyone who has trekked to Goechala or Sandakphu will be fascinated by this peak, specially the view of this peak from the campsite of Thansing is just breathtaking !!
Tenchenkhang offers the apt amount of difficulties to any aspiring mountaineer. If you want to convert yourself into a mountaineer or would like to test your mountaineering skills, this is the peak for you.
Media Gallery For Mt. Thinchenkhang Climbing Expedition
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1 ) Bagdogra to Yuksom
- Day 2) Yuksom to Tshoka - (3050 m)
- Day 3 ) Tshoka to Dzongri - (4000 m)
- Day 4 ) Dzongri to Dzongri Top to Kokchurong
- Day 5 ) Kokchurong to Toriphuley ( Base Camp), via Thansing
- Day 6 ) Base Camp - rest and Load Distribution
- Day 7 ) Base Camp to ABC - Load Ferry
- Day 8 ) Occuppy ABC
- Day 9 ) ABC to Camp 1 - Route Opening
- Day 10) Occupy Camp 1
- Day 11) Camp 1 to Summit - Route Open
- Day 12) Summit Attempt
- Day 13) Contingency Day
- Day 14) Camp 1 - Thansing
- Day 15) Thansing - Tshokha
- Day 16) Tshokha - Yuksom
- Day 17) Yuksom - Bagdogra
Goechala and Samity Lake may be visited on return
write to us for detailed itinerary - firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Mandatory Packing List
- 3 sets of DryFit Tshirts
- 2 set of track pants (no jeans)
- 4 sets of socks ( 2 cottons, 2 woollen)
- 1 or 2 set of thermal inner ( upper & lower)
- Fleece Jacket or Pullovers
- Down Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof High Ankle Trekking Shoes (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Trouser (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Headlamp (can be rented from us )
- Trek Pole, Waterproof Gloves, Poncho, Rucksack, Fleece Inner Gloves, Waterproof Gloves, Gaiters, Spikes, Sleeping Bag Inners ( provided by us as complimentary use )
- Polaroid UV Protected Sunglasses or Snow/Glacier Goggles
- 2 Water Bottles & Tiffin Box with Spoon, 1 cup
- Skull Cap Wollen or Fleece
- Toilet Paper Roll, Wet Tissue
- Personal Care Kit ( lip balm, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc )
- Personal Medical Kit (basic or regular medicines )
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 2 - 5 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Rules Of Cancellation:
- Up to 90 days or more before the start date - 100% Refund of the total invoiced amount
- 89 days to 46 days before the start date - 60% refund of the total invoiced amount. 40% of the invoice amount will be charged as the cancellation penalty.
- 45 days or less before the start date - No Refund of the total invoiced amount
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 30 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 30 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity: This rule is only applicable for technical peaks above 6000 meters, categorized as a climbing expedition and graded as Challenging or Challenging+
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:21:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High