Tenchenkhang Summit 6010m
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 17 - 20 days Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 6010m
- Grade: Challenging + ( learn more )
- Best Time: May, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky, crevasse, snow field
- Activity Type: Climb, Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Yuksom
- Ends At: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Mobile Network: BSNL and Vodafone in Yuksom
- Internet Option: 2g in Yuksom
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Nepali and Tibetan
+ Travel Description
Though graded as a trekking peak, climbing Tenchenkhang is a bit more than that. Anyone who has trekked to Goechala or Sandakphu will be fascinated by this peak, specially the view of this peak from the campsite of Thansing is just breathtaking !!
Tenchenkhang offers the apt amount of difficulties to any aspiring mountaineer. If you want to convert yourself into a mountaineer or would like to test your mountaineering skills, this is the peak for you.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
Peaks At Glance: Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Frey ( 5853m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
- Summit of Tenchenkhang 6010 meters
- Panorama of more than 16 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, etc
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Lepcha, Sikkimese, Nepali and Subba culture.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
Important Geo Locations
(** These data are approximate but are close to accurate. It will get perfect with repetative corrections over time)
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:21:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High