Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
About The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek
Nanda Devi - the highest self-owned peak of India is not just a mountain peak. As the name to specifies, its the Goddess and why not ? A signature peak in the center guarded by more than 25 beautiful looking peaks in the Himalayas encircling the goddess is a true dreamy land to be in. A satellite view from the top reveals the glory of the place and no doubt it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also one of the most protected areas in the Indian Himalayas and the entry to it is controlled very narrowly.
The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people. The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna. The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill and then comes the rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
Park Opening Time
- The visitors will move in groups not more than 5.
- Only 2 groups are permitted in a single day
- Total of only 4 groups are permited in a week.
- The group has be accompanied by a local guide
- Minimum age required is 14
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Here is a brief.
- Small Groups of less than 15 members
- No Fixed Camps at all. Use a single sleeping bag, mattress & sleeping bag inners throughout the trek without any mixup
- Sanitized Transportation
- Contactless Screening of Participants on arrival
- Contactless Paperwork and Online Booking Procedure
- Mandatory Sanitization Before Entry
- Sanitized Accommodation, Linens, Sleeping Bags, etc
- Sanitized and sun-dried Camping Equipment
- Monitored Support Crew with extra protection of masks, gloves and frequent use of sanitizers
- Social Distancing from other unmonitored groups
- Daily evaluation of Health for Safe Mountain Health
- Twin Sharing Accommodations on the trek
- Single tent supplement available
- Proper Dining Hygiene in Dining Tents
- Dry Toilets in toilet tents.
- Covid Hygiene Kit including personal Sleeping Bag Inner for free
- Precautionary Quarantine Tents On Trek
- Immunity-Boosting Food Menu and Drinks
- Filtered, Boiled and Treated Drinking Water
Read more on the following link about our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we have resumed our Himalayan Treks.
** click to expand and read
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 7 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- Highest Altitude: 4261m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: May Jun Sep Oct
- Terrain: forest, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- Starts At: Joshimath
- Ends At: Joshimath
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Joshimath
- Mobile Network: BSNL sparsely
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Lata
- Day 3: Trek Lata to Lata Kharak
- Day 4: Trek to Seni Kharak and back to Lata Kharak
- Day 5: Trek Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass
- Day 6: Trek Dharansi Pass to Tolma Village
- Day 7: Trek Tolma Village to Surai Thotta. Drive to Joshimath
- Day 8: Drive back to Rishikesh
** Its advisable to keep an extra day for permission issues
+ Trek Highlights
- The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
- The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people.
- The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna.
- The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill
- The rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:08:00 PM
Copyright Himalayan High