Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek
About The Dharansi Pass Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Dharansi Pass Trek
Changabang ( 6864m ), Dunagiri ( 7066m ), Gauri Parbat ( 6708m ), Hathi Parbat ( 6727m ), Nanda Devi ( 7816m ), Nanda Ghunti ( 6309m ), Bethattoli Himal ( 6352m ), Devistan ( 6678m ), Devistan 2 ( 6529m ), Bethattoli South ( 6318m )
Dhanransi Pass ( 4261m )
Lata, Tolma, Suroi Thotta
National Parks / Forest Reserves:
Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary
Why Should You Do The Dharansi Pass Trek
- The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
- The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people.
- The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna.
- The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill
- The rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
- Duration: 7 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- Highest Altitude: 4261m
- Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: May Jun Sep Oct
- Terrain: forest, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- Starts From: Joshimath
- Ends In: Joshimath
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Joshimath
- Mobile Network: BSNL sparsely
- Internet Option: No
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
Nanda Devi - the highest self-owned peak of India is not just a mountain peak. As the name to specifies, its the Goddess and why not ? A signature peak in the center guarded by more than 25 beautiful looking peaks in the Himalayas encircling the goddess is a true dreamy land to be in. A satellite view from the top reveals the glory of the place and no doubt it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also one of the most protected areas in the Indian Himalayas and the entry to it is controlled very narrowly.
The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people. The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna. The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill and then comes the rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
Park Opening Time
- The visitors will move in groups not more than 5.
- Only 2 groups are permitted in a single day
- Total of only 4 groups are permited in a week.
- The group has be accompanied by a local guide
- Minimum age required is 14
Media Gallery For Dharansi Pass Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Lata
- Day 3: Trek Lata to Lata Kharak
- Day 4: Trek to Seni Kharak and back to Lata Kharak
- Day 5: Trek Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass
- Day 6: Trek Dharansi Pass to Tolma Village
- Day 7: Trek Tolma Village to Surai Thotta. Drive to Joshimath
- Day 8: Drive back to Rishikesh
** Its advisable to keep an extra day for permission issues
+ Mandatory Packing List
- 3 sets of DryFit Tshirts
- 2 set of track pants (no jeans)
- 4 sets of socks ( 2 cottons, 2 woollen)
- 1 or 2 set of thermal inner ( upper & lower)
- Fleece Jacket or Pullovers
- Down Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof High Ankle Trekking Shoes (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Trouser (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Headlamp (can be rented from us )
- Trek Pole, Waterproof Gloves, Poncho, Rucksack, Fleece Inner Gloves, Waterproof Gloves, Gaiters, Spikes, Sleeping Bag Inners ( provided by us as complimentary use )
- Polaroid UV Protected Sunglasses or Snow/Glacier Goggles
- 2 Water Bottles & Tiffin Box with Spoon, 1 cup
- Skull Cap Wollen or Fleece
- Toilet Paper Roll, Wet Tissue
- Personal Care Kit ( lip balm, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc )
- Personal Medical Kit (basic or regular medicines )
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 2 - 5 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Rules Of Cancellation:
- Up to 7 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total paid amount
- Between 7 days to 0 days before the trek start date - No refund. Free rescheduling or transfer of slot is allowed.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity: This rule is only applicable for treks below 6000 meters and not graded as Challenging or Challenging+
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:08:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High