Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Dharansi Pass Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Dharansi Pass Trek
10 Popular Peaks:
Changabang ( 6864m ), Dunagiri ( 7066m ), Gauri Parbat ( 6708m ), Hathi Parbat ( 6727m ), Nanda Devi ( 7816m ), Nanda Ghunti ( 6309m ), Bethattoli Himal ( 6352m ), Devistan ( 6678m ), Devistan 2 ( 6529m ), Bethattoli South ( 6318m )
1 High Passes:
Dhanransi Pass ( 4261m )
3 Beautiful Remote Villages:
Lata, Tolma, Suroi Thotta
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary
Why Should You Do The Dharansi Pass Trek
- The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
- The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people.
- The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna.
- The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill
- The rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
- 📅 Duration: 7 Days, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 4261m
- 🛑 Grade: Moderate ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: May Jun Sep Oct
- 🌄 Terrain: forest, rocky
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Joshimath
- 🚩 Ends In: Joshimath
- 🌏 Region: India - Uttrakhand
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Joshimath
- 📶 Mobile Network: BSNL sparsely
- 🌐 Internet Option: No
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: No
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu: Indian, Garhwali
Nanda Devi - the highest self-owned peak of India is not just a mountain peak. As the name to specifies, its the Goddess and why not ? A signature peak in the center guarded by more than 25 beautiful looking peaks in the Himalayas encircling the goddess is a true dreamy land to be in. A satellite view from the top reveals the glory of the place and no doubt it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also one of the most protected areas in the Indian Himalayas and the entry to it is controlled very narrowly.
The Nanda Devi - Dharansi Pass Trek is one of the very few trek which let you into the close proximity of the Goddess Mountain and lets you have some of the best experiences of the Himalayas, most importantly because it forms a full experience of a Himalayan trek in a very short span of time.
The villages of Lata, Tolma and Suroi Thotta lets you experience the rich and unique culture, tradition and way of life of the Rongpa people. The forest of the Nanda Devi Outer Sanctuary offers a great experience of walking through it and a chance to view the rare Himalayan flora and fauna. The trail leading to Dharansi pass offers a good challenge to lift the par and thrill and then comes the rewarding views of The Nanda Devi and its surrounding peaks
Park Opening Time
- The visitors will move in groups not more than 5.
- Only 2 groups are permitted in a single day
- Total of only 4 groups are permited in a week.
- The group has be accompanied by a local guide
- Minimum age required is 14
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report or Vaccination Certificate Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
All our permanent staffs have completed their vaccination and we ensure we hire other vaccinated local resources only.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Dharansi Pass Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 2: Drive Joshimath to Lata
- Day 3: Trek Lata to Lata Kharak
- Day 4: Trek to Seni Kharak and back to Lata Kharak
- Day 5: Trek Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass
- Day 6: Trek Dharansi Pass to Tolma Village
- Day 7: Trek Tolma Village to Surai Thotta. Drive to Joshimath
- Day 8: Drive back to Rishikesh
** Its advisable to keep an extra day for permission issues
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:08:00 PM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High