Ladakh Zanskar Trek - Via Markha, Zulung Karpo La, Charchar La
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 13 Days. Leh to Leh
- Highest Altitude: 5200m
- Grade: Strenuous ( learn more )
- Best Time: May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct
- Terrain: Alpine, Meadows, Rocky, Snowy
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Leh
- Ends At: Leh
- Region: India - Ladakh
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Leh, Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport ( IXL)
- Nearest Rail Head: Katra, (KEA), Jammu Tawi ( JAT)
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: Yes
- Generic Food Menu: Indian, Ladakhi, Tibetan, Nepali
+ Travel Description
Ladakh Zanskar Trek is one if its kind allowing you to enjoy the beauty of both Ladakh and Zanskar at the same time. Its a pure adventure right from the beginning till the end.
The trek starts in Chilling and follows the trail of Markha Valley passing by the vilage of Skiu, Markha and Hankar till the campsite of Thochungtse. After Thochungtse, the trail leaves the Markha Valley and crosses the pass of Zulung Karpo to reach Tilat Sumdo in the Zanskar Valley. From there, the trail further climbs the Charchar La to reach Zangla in the heart of Zanskar.
Ladakh and Zanskar takes our imagination by surprise with its beauty, the colors of the mountains. Its a cold dessert with patches of fertile land where the locals work very hard to grow their needful vegetables. The locals have a very hard life, but perhaps they teach us the very simple and basic lesson of life, and that is to live it with a biggest smiles on your face.
Buddhism is the most prevalent religion in both Ladakh and Zanskar, and it is know to have some of the oldest monasteries raised by the monks from Tibet. It is also known as the Little Tibet and some of the oldest traditions of Tibetan Buddhism is followed here, but not in actual Tibet.
This trek is perhaps one of the least done treks in the valleys of Ladakh. Team Himalayan High excels in arranging treks like these.
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Cancellation Policy For Treks in India, Nepal, and Bhutan
- Up to 30 days from the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 50% refund of the total invoiced amount
- 20 days and later - No Refund of the total invoiced amount
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Important Geo Locations
(** These data are approximate but are close to accurate. It will get perfect with repetative corrections over time)
Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:36:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High