Bagini Glacier And Changbang Base Camp Trek With Nandikund
A Himalayan High Experience
+ Quick Info
- Duration: 9 days/ 8 nights, Rishikesh to Rishikesh
- Highest Altitude: 4600m
- Grade: Moderate ( learn more )
- Best Time: Apr to June, Sep to Nov
- Terrain: Meadows, forest
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Joshimath
- Ends At: Joshimath
- Region: India - Uttrakhand
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehraoon, Uttrakhand
- Nearest Rail Head: Rishikesh, Uttrakhand
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu:
+ Travel Description The Baghini Glacier Trek
Trek through one of the most beautiful valleys in the Himalayas. With great views of Mt. Dunagiri 7066m, a peak that looks like a crown of a great king, close view of Rishi Pahad, the snout of Rishi Ganga to the base camp of the killer mountain - Changa Banga 6864m makes this trek a unique experience.
The sight of the Bagini Glacier will definitely itch your curiosity to a level you had never known before. Its a rare view of a Himalayan glacier with such a simple hike, and gets your understanding of a Himalayan river system very clear.
The associated history of the Dronagiri village with Ramayana is another interesting thing in this trek. Its said that Shri Hanumaji had lifted up the hill of Dronagiri village when he had been asked to collect 'Sanjeevani Booti' for Lord Laxmana, to bring him to life. As a result of which, during festivals in the village, when the villagers enact Ramayana, they act only till that scene... The hospitality of the Rongpa people, witnessing local life, their hardships and farming are an added icing to an already wonderful trek.
Come, trek with us to experience both the Beauty and Roughness of Himalayan Roughness..
Do not forget to check the Trek Album on our Photo Gallery Page
Want Us To Help you Arrange For This Epic Journey ?
We believe that a smaller group gives you the best of the Himalayan Experience and specialize in organizing customized groups for this travel. Do get in touch with us if you want us to arrange this for you.
You can use the link - Request Customized Private Travel Plan and fill the form to drop us an email with your specific requirements and service required. We will get back to you with the detailed plan and quotation as per the group size and service requested.
+ Why Is This Special
- Views of peaks - Mt. Dunagiri 7066m, Rishi Pahad, Hardeol, Trishuli and Changa Banga 6864m
- The magnificient Bagini Glacier and the geographic landscape it is creating with its movement beneath the ground. Lots of open tarns - glacial lakes and its lateral moraine is a view that will capture your imaginations
- The Rongpa tribes and their hospitality.
- Dronagiri village, a village at almost 4000m up in the Himalayas is a beautiful villages with some 20 odd houses where very few family stays. Mostly the grand parents stay there while the full family arrives during holidays or festivals.
- The mythological story of Hanuman Ji lifting and carrying off the mountain behind the village for sanjeevani booti for Lora Laxman is very interesting. Due to the event, its been told that while playing Ram Leela, its only enacted till that part where Hanuman Ji carries off the hill.
- Lots of flowers are seen on the trail.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Cancellation Policy For Treks in India, Nepal, and Bhutan
- Up to 30 days from the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 50% refund of the total invoiced amount
- 20 days and later - No Refund of the total invoiced amount
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days from Trek Start Date by sending an email.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Friday, September 18, 2015 5:40:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High