Goechala Kasturi Trek
A Himalayan High Experience
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
Unnatural times call for an unusual response. We at Himalayan High are facing it with even more stringent safety measures to ensure our treks, trekkers, and the local support team are safe. The Covid19 Pandemic has completely changed the way we look at the World and do things. It has changed the way we trek as well. Checkout our Covid19 safety measures to ensure a safe trek. Read more on the following link - Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
With this protocol, we are on track to resume our treks from November, 2020 with small teams and limited treks.
- Duration: 12 days/ 12 nights Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 5000m
- Grade: Moderate + ( learn more )
- Best Time: Jan - May, Sep - Dec
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts At: Yuksom
- Ends At: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu:
Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra and drive to Yuksom. Checkin to Hotel
- Day 2: Trek from Yuksom to Tshoka.
- Day 3: Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri.
- Day 4: Trek from Dzongri Top, Dzongri to Kokchurong.
- Day 5: Trek from Kokchurong to Lamuney via Thansing.
- Day 6: Acclimatization Day. Explore Samity Lake and back
- Day 7: Trek from Lamuney to Goechala. Trek back to Thansing.
- Day 8: Trek from Thangsing to Chamrey, via Lampokhari Lake
- Day 9: Trek from Chamrey to Kasturi.
- Day 10: Trek From Kasturi to Labdang.
- Day 11: Trek From Labdang to Tashiding.
- Day 12: Drive to Bagdogra.
+ Why Is This Special
Peaks At Glance: Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
- Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peaks. With this trek, view Kanchenjunga massif standing tall right in front of you, at a stone throw distance
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Goecha La 5000m and Goecha Lake is at a super altitude and adds thrill to the trek.
- Samity Lake and Lampokhari
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Sikkimese Subba and Limboo cultural trek.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best intentions.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 3 - 6 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS DURING COVID19:
(1st OCTOBER 2020 TILL 31st MARCH 2021 )
Considering the uncertainties during the COVID19 pandemic, we have eased our cancellation rules.
- Up to 3 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total invoiced amount. No questions asked.
- 2 days to 1 day before the trek start date - We will either issue you a trek voucher with a value of 100% of the trek fee or refund 85% of the trek fee if you want us to transfer the money back.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 1 day before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity Of The Covid19 Cancellation Policy: The above-listed cancellation rules apply only to bookings for which the trek start date falls between 1st October 2020 till 31st March 2021.
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:38:00 AM
Copyright Himalayan High