Goechala Lampokhari Kasturi Labdang Circuit Trek
Quick Navigation To Important Sections( click to expand/collapse )
Details Of The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
12 Popular Peaks:
Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
1 High Passes:
Zemu Gap ( 5878m )
5 Serene Lakes:
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m ), Lam Pokhari ( 4236m )
1 Mind-boggling Glaciers:
1 Tranquil Rivers:
1 Beautiful Remote Villages:
1 National Parks Or Forest Reserve:
Khanchendzonga National Park
Why Should You Do The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
- Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peaks. With this trek, view Kanchenjunga massif standing tall right in front of you, at a stone throw distance
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Goecha La 5000m and Goecha Lake is at a super altitude and adds thrill to the trek.
- Samity Lake and Lampokhari
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Sikkimese Subba and Limboo cultural trek.
- 📅 Duration: 12 days/ 12 nights Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- 🔼 Highest Altitude: 5000m
- 🛑 Grade: Moderate + ( know trek grades )
- 👍 Best Time: Jan - May, Sep - Dec
- 🌄 Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- 🏃 Activity Type: Trek
- 🔄 Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- 🚩 Starts From: Yuksom
- 🚩 Ends In: Yuksom
- 🌏 Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- 🎌 Country: India
- 🛪 Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- 🚉 Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- 🙏 Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Yuksom
- 📶 Mobile Network:
- 🌐 Internet Option:
- 🌞 Temperatures:
- 🔒 Is Cloak Room Available: No
- 🍵 Generic Food Menu:
This trek is a slight different to the otherwise popular Dzongri Goecha La trek. While most of the trek route remains same, the return route is different as this trail treks down the Prek Chu valley to touch Lampokhari, a beautiful lake and then down to Tashiding.
Read our usual Dzongri Goecha La trek for more details.
Covid19 Safety Protocol For Himalayan Treks
We had started our treks from October 2020 and since then we have served many trekkers without any problems related to covid. Thanks to our safety protocol and SOW.
Covid Negative RT-PCR Test Report Is Mandatory To Trek With Us.
Read more on Safe trekking in the Himalayas during COVID-19
Media Gallery For Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra and drive to Yuksom. Checkin to Hotel
- Day 2: Trek from Yuksom to Tshoka.
- Day 3: Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri.
- Day 4: Trek from Dzongri Top, Dzongri to Kokchurong.
- Day 5: Trek from Kokchurong to Lamuney via Thansing.
- Day 6: Acclimatization Day. Explore Samity Lake and back
- Day 7: Trek from Lamuney to Goechala. Trek back to Thansing.
- Day 8: Trek from Thangsing to Chamrey, via Lampokhari Lake
- Day 9: Trek from Chamrey to Kasturi.
- Day 10: Trek From Kasturi to Labdang.
- Day 11: Trek From Labdang to Tashiding.
- Day 12: Drive to Bagdogra.
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:38:00 AM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High