Goechala Lampokhari Kasturi Labdang Circuit Trek
About The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
Key Himalayan Geographical Offerings Of The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ), Kabru N ( 7353m ), Koktang ( 6147m ), Simvo ( 6812m ), Kabru S ( 7318m ), Kabru Dome ( 6600m ), Kabru Forked ( 6100m ), Pandim ( 6691m ), Tenchenkhang ( 6010m ), Jupono ( 5650m )
Zemu Gap ( 5878m )
Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m ), Lam Pokhari ( 4236m )
National Parks / Forest Reserves:
Khanchendzonga National Park
Why Should You Do The Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
- Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peaks. With this trek, view Kanchenjunga massif standing tall right in front of you, at a stone throw distance
- Panorama of peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Goecha La 5000m and Goecha Lake is at a super altitude and adds thrill to the trek.
- Samity Lake and Lampokhari
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Sikkimese Subba and Limboo cultural trek.
- Duration: 12 days/ 12 nights Bagdogra to Bagdogra
- Highest Altitude: 5000m
- Grade: Moderate + ( know trek grades )
- Best Time: Jan - May, Sep - Dec
- Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
- Activity Type: Trek
- Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
- Starts From: Yuksom
- Ends In: Yuksom
- Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
- Country: India
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
- Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Travel Guide: Where and How To Reach Yuksom
- Mobile Network:
- Internet Option:
- Is Cloak Room Available: No
- Generic Food Menu:
This trek is a slight different to the otherwise popular Dzongri Goecha La trek. While most of the trek route remains same, the return route is different as this trail treks down the Prek Chu valley to touch Lampokhari, a beautiful lake and then down to Tashiding.
Read our usual Dzongri Goecha La trek for more details.
Media Gallery For Goechala Kasturi Circuit Trek
click to see all videos, photos, route maps, etc. for this trek
** click to expand and read
+ Short Travel Itinerary
- Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra and drive to Yuksom. Checkin to Hotel
- Day 2: Trek from Yuksom to Tshoka.
- Day 3: Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri.
- Day 4: Trek from Dzongri Top, Dzongri to Kokchurong.
- Day 5: Trek from Kokchurong to Lamuney via Thansing.
- Day 6: Acclimatization Day. Explore Samity Lake and back
- Day 7: Trek from Lamuney to Goechala. Trek back to Thansing.
- Day 8: Trek from Thangsing to Chamrey, via Lampokhari Lake
- Day 9: Trek from Chamrey to Kasturi.
- Day 10: Trek From Kasturi to Labdang.
- Day 11: Trek From Labdang to Tashiding.
- Day 12: Drive to Bagdogra.
+ Mandatory Packing List
- 3 sets of DryFit Tshirts
- 2 set of track pants (no jeans)
- 4 sets of socks ( 2 cottons, 2 woollen)
- 1 or 2 set of thermal inner ( upper & lower)
- Fleece Jacket or Pullovers
- Down Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof High Ankle Trekking Shoes (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Trouser (can be rented from us )
- Waterproof/Windproof Trekking Jacket (can be rented from us )
- Headlamp (can be rented from us )
- Trek Pole, Waterproof Gloves, Poncho, Rucksack, Fleece Inner Gloves, Waterproof Gloves, Gaiters, Spikes, Sleeping Bag Inners ( provided by us as complimentary use )
- Polaroid UV Protected Sunglasses or Snow/Glacier Goggles
- 2 Water Bottles & Tiffin Box with Spoon, 1 cup
- Skull Cap Wollen or Fleece
- Toilet Paper Roll, Wet Tissue
- Personal Care Kit ( lip balm, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc )
- Personal Medical Kit (basic or regular medicines )
+ Reviews & Testimonials
Read All Our Reviews OnlineWe keep our reviews gladly, transparently and boldly on Google unlike hiding it on our own website and showcasing only the positive ones. Heartful thanks and gratitude to all of our Trekkers who took the effort to review us after they completed their trek with us. We understand none is perfect, but with proper experience, intention and feedbacks, one can achieve perfection. Our reviews are a result of our hardwork and intention to serve with the best interest of the trekking community as a whole and not just for our own business.
+ Cancellation Policy
When Should You Book?
We typically get booked about 2 - 5 months in advance. It is advisable to book this much in advance as you get early bird discounts and also your travel costs like flights/hotels/trains etc are much cheaper and confirmed if you book well in advance.
Rules Of Cancellation:
- Up to 7 days or more before the trek start date - Full Refund of the total paid amount
- Between 7 days to 0 days before the trek start date - No refund. Free rescheduling or transfer of slot is allowed.
- Transfer Of Seat to Different Batch/ Trek: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Transfer of Seat to Friend/ Family: No Loss Of Money, valid up to 1 year from Invoice date. It can be availed up to 5 days before Trek Start Date by sending an email.
- Validity: This rule is only applicable for treks below 6000 meters and not graded as Challenging or Challenging+
Find detailed info on Cancellation & Refund Policy
Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:38:00 AM
Copyright For All Contents Reserved For Himalayan High