Tourism is a rapidly growing but very fragile industry..It has its own impact on the destinations - its people, animals and landscapes.
- Culture becomes a commodity, for the sake of tourist attraction.
- A Destination becomes standardized, according to the tourist demands.
- Natural Landscape is modified, to attract tourists.
- Economic Inequality is felt, as tourist comes from higher economic background offcourse!!
- Litters all around, as tourists all around.
- Loss of authentication, as things are staged to attract tourists.
- Loss of farming land, as place is required for a new resort.
- Things are expensive for the locals, as tourists will anyway buy it.
.. an the list goes on. If this continues, then we will have nothing to show to our next generation !! Tourism is a very large industry, but it has to be sustained.
A solution to Sustainable Tourism is Responsible Travelling
Conservation of the local flora and fauna
We venture into the outdoors in the Himalayas. We see lots of birds and animals. However, we follow strictly not to disturb their natural habitat, and not cause any harm to them.
Contribute to the well being of locals
We hire resources locally. All our staff requirement are consumed from the locality. We also purchase local organic rations and include in our meals as much as possible. Apart from answering the economic problems, we also respect the local culture and take care in NOT turning it into a commodity.
Education and Awareness
We try increasing awareness and promoting education as much as we can to the local community, as we believe it only awareness and education which solves the root cause of the problems.
Sunday, March 20, 2016 5:01:00 AM