Finally, we have some very good news coming in. Uttarakhand Government has completely opened the state for tourists/trekkers again. There are only some minor restrictions and rules to follow. However, the important news is that, if you are free from Covid19, you can travel to Uttarakhand, stay in Hotels, homestays and also trek in small groups all across the state.
Find below the set of rules given by the Government of Uttarakhand.
Disclaimer: These rules have just been extracted and compiled for the sole purpose of informing the Tourists. If you need more information, please read the notices, links of which have been provided in the blog. Please note that all the below information is as per the guidelines available and applicable as on 24th September, 2020.
For Inbound Domestic Tourists:
- E-pass is not required now for coming to Uttarakhand. All tourists/trekkers coming to the state only need to register themselves on Dehradun smart city web portal (https://dsclservices.org.in/apply.php ) prior to their travel. Please note that this is only a simple online registration. You don't need to apply for any e-pass.
- Covid negative test report is not required now. All tourists/trekkers not showing any Covid-like symptoms, can enter the state without bringing any Covid test report, stay in hotels/homestays, stay in the state for as long as required and roam anywhere freely. A thermal screening will be done while entering the state. All public places can be visited and trekkers can go for trekking anywhere in Uttarakhand.
- There is no mandatory quarantine period or need to book hotel or homestay for 2 nights as per previous notifications
- For tourists/trekkers not showing any Covid-like symptoms, no quarantine is required after entering the state. They can go anywhere without being quarantined.
- At the time of checking-in into a hotel/homestay, a thermal screening and sanitization of bags etc will be done again. The hotel/homestay owners or management may ask the guests to follow some of their own additional rules to ensure that proper social distancing and other Covid safety guidelines are followed.
- It is strongly mandatory for all tourists/trekkers to use the Aarogya Setu App on their phone and it should reflect SAFE green status.
- If at any time during your visit to Uttarakhand, you begin to experience any Covid-like symptoms, you must isolate yourself immediately at the place you are and inform the district administration of that place. If required, they'll get you tested or keep you under observation and they'll take further steps as per their protocol.
Also, note that activities are permitted only outside the containment zones. Do check if the areas you wish to travel to do not fall in containment zone.
You also need to make sure that you are not travelling from a containment zone.
For Inbound International Tourists:
- Bring a Covid negative test report for visiting the state. Test report must not be older than 96 hours at the time of entering Uttarakhand.
- If you don't bring a Covid negative test report, you will have to undergo a mandatory institutional quarantine for 7 days followed by another 7 days of paid quarantine in a hotel/homestay.
Restricted Activities Outside Containment Zones:
- Schools, Colleges and Other Educational Institutes
- Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools, Entertainment Parks, Theater, Bar, auditoriums, Assembly halls, or similar (Yoga institutes and Gyms will operate following all safety SOPs)
- International Air Travel
- Social, Political, Sports, Religious, Cultural, Academic, Entertainment or any other large congregations.
- All Hotels/B&B/Homestays outside the containment zones are now allowed to operate and will have to follow the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- There are no restrictions regarding the minimum or maximum period of stay in the Hotels/B&B/Homestays.
- All Hotels/B&B/Homestays shall strictly adhere to the SOP, issued by the Department of Tourism, Government of Uttarakhand.
REOPENING OF RESTAURANTS:
- All restaurants are allowed to open in the state between 7 am to 9 pm.
- However, all such restaurants in containment zones will be closed till further orders.
- The restaurant owners/managers shall make arrangements to ensure that a record of all customers, including the waiters serving the tables are maintained at all times, clearly specifying the date and time.
- In addition to the above, the restaurant management shall strictly adhere to the SOP issued by the Department of Tourism, Government of Uttarakhand on restaurants
Read the Latest Unlock 4 guidelines here.