Finally, we have some very good news coming in. Uttarakhand Government has completely opened the state for tourists/trekkers again. There are only some minor restrictions and rules to follow. However, the important news is that, if you are free from Covid19, you can travel to Uttarakhand, stay in Hotels, homestays and also trek in small groups all across the state.
Find below the set of rules given by the Government of Uttarakhand.
Disclaimer: These rules have just been extracted and compiled for the sole purpose of informing the Tourists. If you need more information, please read the notices, links of which have been provided in the blog. Please note that all the below information is as per the guidelines issue on 30th March 2021 and will be applicable as from 1st April, 2021.
For Inbound Domestic Tourists:
- E-pass is not required now for coming to Uttarakhand. All tourists/trekkers coming to the state only need to register themselves on Dehradun smart city web portal (https://dsclservices.org.in/apply.php ) prior to their travel. Please note that this is only a simple online registration. You don't need to apply for any e-pass.
- RT-PCR Test confirming Negative Covid19 report is now mandatory for people arriving from Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab. Karnataka. Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Rajasthan. This test must be done 72 Hours before entering Uttrakhand.
- Persons coming from the above-mentioned states as well as persons residing in Uttarakhand shall strictly adhere to the norms of safety and social distancing as per the guidelines of MHA. MoHFW and State Government. Violation of norms shall be liable pe proceeded under the relevant provision of DM Act 2005, Epidemics Act 1897 and sections of IPC.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years (vulnerable section of the people) are advised to travel only in unavoidable circumstances.
- For travellers or trekkers from other states, if they do not show any Covid-like symptoms (Asymptomatic cases), can enter the state without bringing any Covid test report, stay in hotels/homestays, stay in the state for as long as required and roam anywhere freely. A thermal screening will be done while entering the state. All public places can be visited and trekkers can go for trekking anywhere in Uttarakhand.
- Though the Government or Administration may make provisions for doing random sampling on arrival or in transit. District administration shall make arrangement for random COVID-19 testing/ checking at airport, railway station and at all border check posts. If any inbound person found positive, the currently prevailing SOPs shall be followed for further care.
- There is no mandatory quarantine period or need to book a hotel or homestay for 2 nights as per previous notifications for other states.
- At the time of checking-in into a hotel/homestay, a thermal screening and sanitization of bags etc will be done again. The hotel/homestay owners or management may ask the guests to follow some of their own additional rules to ensure that proper social distancing and other Covid safety guidelines are followed.
- It is strongly mandatory for all tourists/trekkers to use the Aarogya Setu App on their phone and it should reflect SAFE green status.
- If at any time during your visit to Uttarakhand, you begin to experience any Covid-like symptoms, you must isolate yourself immediately at the place you are and inform the district administration of that place. If required, they'll get you tested or keep you under observation and they'll take further steps as per their protocol.
- Also, note that activities are permitted only outside the containment zones. Do check if the areas you wish to travel to do not fall in containment zone. You also need to make sure that you are not travelling from a containment zone or travelling into a containment zone.
For Inbound International Tourists:
- Bring a Covid negative test report for visiting the state. Test report must not be older than 72 hours at the time of entering Uttarakhand.
- If you don't bring a Covid negative test report, you will have to undergo a mandatory institutional quarantine for 7 days followed by another 7 days of paid quarantine in a hotel/homestay.
Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:17:00 PM