Himachal Pradesh is really a gem in the entire Himalayan region in India. Its rich and diverse culture, its excellent infrastructure and the happy content faces of its people welcome everyone to Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh is also a paradise for trekkers, mountaineers and all the adventure enthusiasts as it offers a multitude of activities like trekking, mountaineering, paragliding, parasailing and much more.
When Covid19 lockdown began in March-2020, Himachal Pradesh was also closed like the rest of India. But in the Unlock 4 phase, Himachal Pradesh has been completely opened for all visitors, tourists and adventure seekers. It is a great news for all of us. Staying true to its reputation of being a very tourism friendly state, Himachal Pradesh is now open for all tourists and trekkers without any requirement of a Covid test, e-pass or any other registration before travel.
So here are the latest necessary safety guidelines issued by the government of Himachal Pradesh. These guidelines are issued on and applicable as on 21-September-2020. If and when there are changes in these guidelines, we'll update our information.
For Inbound Domestic tourists
- No e-pass is required to travel to Himachal Pradesh.
- No online registration of visitors is required before coming to Himachal Pradesh.
- No Covid19 test report is required to enter the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- There is no mandatory quarantine period after entering Himachal Pradesh if the visitors are asymptomatic.
- Visitors maybe subjected to a thermal scanning and general health screening at the state borders or while checking-in into a hotel/resort/guest house/homestay etc.
- Visitors/tourists must ensure that they don't have any flu-like symptoms when traveling to Himachal Pradesh.
- All visitors/tourists must use Aarogya Setu application on their mobile phones.
- Inter-state public bus transport services are not operational.
- Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti valleys are still closed for tourism. The local tourism associations and hotels are not welcoming guests there specially till 31-October-2020. Kinnaur hotel association has declared a ban on tourism activities till 1-November-2020.
- In case, a visitor begins to experience any flu-like symptoms during his visit to Himachal Pradesh, he must isolate himself immediately at a safe place and inform the district administration of that place. They will take further steps according to their protocol.
- If you are currently staying within a containment zone, you are strongly advised not to travel to Himachal Pradesh or any other place.
Please note that despite the government giving these relaxed travel guidelines for all visitors and tourists, everyone must ensure that they strictly follow the general safety guidelines related to Covid19. Never forget to wear a face mask at a public place and while traveling. Please maintain adequate social distance from others and maintain very good hand hygiene at all times. It is our collective responsibility to keep the people living in remote Himalayan villages in Himachal Pradesh safe.
Disclaimer: These guidelines have just been extracted from publicly available sources and compiled for the sole purpose of informing the Tourists. If you need more information, please read the official guidelines given by the Government of Himachal Pradesh here: Safety guidelines for tourists in Himachal Pradesh. Himalayan High will not be responsible for your safe travel in any way.