After unrestricted travel movements from October 2020 till the mid of March 2021, the West Bengal Government issued travel guidelines mandating an RT-PCR Test confirming Negative Covid19 report for people arriving from Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Telengana. This test must be done 72 Hours before entering West Bengal.
North Bengal, Darjeeling and Kalimpong areas of West Bengal have a very special place on the tourism map of India. The tea estates of Darjeeling and the grand views of Kanchenjunga always standing tall above the horizon mesmerize everyone. The beauty of Darjeeling town and the Darjeeling hills railway has a vintage charm attached to them. Most importantly, this area is also home to the popular trekking destination of Sandakphu and Phalut. This is one of the most popular and loved treks in India for all trekking and adventure enthusiasts.
Check Details of Sandakphu - Phalut trek
We have been continuously doing the Sandakphu Phalut trek from October 2020 every week and faced no cases of covid so far. Even after the latest notification, people are travelling with precaution and doping well.
Travel Rules For Trekkers coming to Sandakphu Phalut Trek
- RT-PCR Test confirming Negative Covid19 report is now mandatory for people arriving from Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka and Telangana. This test must be done 72 Hours before entering or landing in West Bengal.
- Tourists need to wear face masks and undergo mandatory thermal checks at the hotels. They need to follow social distancing at all public places at all times.
- All tourists and visitors coming to Darjeeling and Sandakphu area must use 'Aarogya Setu' application on their phone. Application should show their status as 'Safe (Green)'.
- All tourists need to fill up the declaration form using the 'Sandhane' App developed by the Health and Family Welfare Department of West Bengal. For trekkers doing the Sandakphu Phalut Trek starting from Maneybhanjyang, select District: Darjiling , Location: Rural, Block: Jorebunglow Sukhiapokhri, Gram Panchayat: Sukhia - Simana
- COVID-19 test reports are not mandatory for tourists coming to Darjeeling and Sandakphu except for people travelling from the states mentioned above.
- All tourists planning a trip to Darjeeling - Sandakphu must confirm their bookings and reservations with the local staff or contacts of the hotel, guest house or their tour operator. Even after making advance bookings at all places, your travel depends on the will of local people to allow tourists to visit their area. People living at remote places like North Bengal are a little more apprehensive about the pandemic situation. Tourists must respect the will of these people and plan their trip accordingly.
- You must carry a spray sanitizer and take care of your own safety irrespective of the hotel owners and guides taking care of sanitization and hygiene.
- Please note that despite the government reopening tourism and domestic travel for all visitors and tourists, everyone must ensure that they strictly follow the safety guidelines related to Covid-19. Never forget to wear a face mask at a public place and while travelling. Please maintain adequate social distance from others and maintain very good hand hygiene at all times. It is our collective responsibility to keep the people living in remote Himalayan regions safe.
- Since Covid has restricted International travel, lots of people who would have preferred to go to Goa or Andaman or Bangkok has started to come to the hills. They must note that the villages in the Himalayas and on the Sandakphu Phalut trek are very remote and should not expect luxary or be over demanding.
Sunday, October 18, 2020 2:56:00 PM